Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HELP fast Big buck by stand

Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Spike

Default HELP fast Big buck by stand

i need yalls help fast..ok, my food plot looks like this, there is tall dogfunnles bout 8 ft high to the left and right and there is a road imbetween the 2 spots then it goes down into a creek and right uphill is my food plot.. my problem is a. both times i went hunting in the afternoon there has been deer in the patch..it gets dark bout 6:20 so normally i go bout 4:30..the first time i heard a deer get up to the right in the funnles and there was a doe and fawn going from the creek to the plot...she started blowin and warning other deer..she left and i went to get to my stand and scared a deer from there...so next time i go bout an hour earlier bout 3:30 so i go and i scare up a deer in the dogfunnles again so i go up to the plot and i dont see but hear bout 5 deer run from the plot and one started blowin nd whatnot warning...they have everything they need in that 1.5-2 acres...thick cover for bucks...plenty food...and water...would going just and hour earlier work or go there in the morning...what do you think the deer are doing and what is the best solution? thanks
Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

For sure if you keep blowing the deer out of the patch they will go nocturnal and you won't see any bucks till midnight. I don't know where you are hunting, but around here 4:30 is late to go to a patch.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Find a different way in if you can? So you're not walking through and getting yourself busted.
-Jake
Old 11-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get out sooner!!! You are only going out 1-1/2hr before it gets dark. You are walking in when you should have already been in stand an hour. If I am going to hunt the evening, no matter what time it gets dark, if I am not in stand by 2pm, I am not going to be hunting that evening. With it now getting dark by 5pm, I am in stand by no later than 1pm, noon if possible.

Last edited by SecondChance; 11-24-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

I go out at 2PM. Its dark at 5:15