Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Possible Coyote Problems

Old 11-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Spike

Default Possible Coyote Problems

I havenít been seeing hardly any deer at all where I hunt. I think most of them are nocturnal. I saw a doe and a fawn early in the season and we shot a spike buck last week. I think my problem is Coyotes or dogs in the neighborhood. I hear my neighbors dogs bark all during the night. They have two border collie/lab mixes. Will dogs run off deer that are a good distance away? I went hunting this morning and my stand sits on the edge of a field. Earlier in the season I saw a lot of deer movement (Tracks), on deer paths but now I donít. The field was a soybean field and it has been harvested for about 2 weeks. I have seen a mixture of dog or coyote tracks where my deer used to be. I was scouting today as I was walking back from my stand, and came across a rope like feces, which I think is coyote. What is the best method to a solution? Is my deer season for the year already over?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The most probale answer is that the food sources changed and the deer changed with them.Twice last week I heard coyores yipping in the exact spot where I had stands hung.Both days I harvested deer and saw a bunch.Coyotes do not push deer out of an area.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Coyotes in large numbers will kill off the fawn population in the spring. We have coyotes, wolves and now a cougar on our land. We usually kill as many coyotes as we can during deer season. The farmer bordering our leased land has seen numerous coyotes crossing the road with fawns in their mouths.