Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Change in Plans!!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Change in Plans!!

Well, as I had wrote before I have been very excited for firearms season for a long time! I had permission for same place I hunted last year, and was ready to go! So today I went and sighted in my 30-30 and my 7mm mag. Well, the sighting in the 7mm mag went amazing my leupold and my rifle functioned flawlessly the gun was already dead on quarter size group at 100 and I was very pleased! The 30-30 on other hand has a raised scope that is a very old simmons scope and it took about 15 shots to get it sighted it was about 6 inches high and to the right 2 but took 12 inches worth of clicks to lower it to bullseye range, and such. But, Im glad I got it done in time. Went to go set up my blind on hunting land and got told very politely that the whole family had set up on their land because they have seen 2 very large bucks talk about a kick in the balls...soo I was discouraged big time but decided not to make a big deal out of it cause Im friends with a lot of farmers that own lots of land. Called a real close family friend who owns lots of land and they gave me permission to hunt on a 60 acre plot of timber and corn field that is supposed to be packed full of deer...very excited to hunt a new area! Cant wait for saturday! going to set up blind tomorrow!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep on double checking that Simmons scope. It might be off 12 inches to the left next time you shoot it. Use the 7mm till you can replace the Simmons with a better scope.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

im stoked about rifle season also. i live in kansas but im going to be making the drive to MO/ARK border this friday and hunt for the weekend. its crazy but your guys rifle season opens up a whole month before ours.