Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
seen some signs but need advice - PLEASE >

seen some signs but need advice - PLEASE

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

seen some signs but need advice - PLEASE

Old 10-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default seen some signs but need advice - PLEASE

I will give you the scenario and any advice you can give would be great. times, scents, calls?????

So 1 weeks ago i found one nice scrape and some buck droppings in this area where i shot a small 7 pointer two years ago. Also note in case it matters that the area is about 75 yards off a pretty busy road here in long Island NY. Then I couldnt hunt for a week and then this past weekend i went into the same spot and there are now 4 nice scrapes within a 100 yards of each other. NO Rubs at all. Also alot more doe and buck droppings around the scrapes. Hunted hard all weekend and saw two does and no bucks. Now that the ruts starting any advice. Do you think he will be checking the scrapes more often, Should i call more, use scents? Thanks in advance?
Old 10-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Keep on huntin during the rut where there's does there will be bucks.