Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Fast answer...Lone Wolf or Summit >

Fast answer...Lone Wolf or Summit

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fast answer...Lone Wolf or Summit

Old 10-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Spike

Default Fast answer...Lone Wolf or Summit

Picking up a stand tonight and having a tuff time deciding..Lone Wolf wide sit and climb or Summit Titan...im 6'1" 235lbs. Looking for some help on my decision.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Summit Summit Summit!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

SUMMIT all the way.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Summit all the way......sitting in a Titan now. Btw....I am 6' 3" and was 260 lbs when I bought it.

Last edited by marquismarc; 10-30-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually dont outright trash a brand, but I bought a summit a couple years ago , the finish has almost all flaked off in spots where I didnt put tape, its loud as a busted chainsaw, it does not pack as flat as my API and it tends to wanna get stuck together, the climbing teeth are rounded not sharp so it slips on all but the softest bark and on wet bark. Oh did I mention, ITS LOUD!!!!!!! summit is crap get an API or lone wolf.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Love my Summit Titan. I'm ony 5'11'' 180# and plenty of room.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Spike

I'm 5'11 210 and have the summit viper which is the same except smaller than the Titan. It's comfortable as hell so I imagine the Titan is even better!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lone Wolf

Quality stands and back up there products,,,
Old 10-31-2010, 06:06 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

I bought a Summit Viper about 6 years ago. I'm downright miserly and agonize over every dollar I spend on hunting. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. It is relatively quiet to set up, and easy as well.
I was replacing a Warren and Sweat that only lasted about 3 seasons before completely falling apart. My hunting buddy bought a Summit Razor last year to replace a hand-me-down stand he'd had for years. He feels the same as me. Great stand, great purchase.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Spike

I own both a Summit and Lone Wolf climber and I personally think the Wolf blows the Summit of of the water. Just my oponion. I travel long distances to hunt and the best part about the Wolf is that is colapses down and packs tight against your back, the Summit stands, at least the one I have, will not do this. It hangs off your back well over a foot. When you are moving through thick brush this is a real pain as the stand is constantly getting hung up. When reviewing your two options, the Wolf wide sit is 4 lbs lighter than the Titan, this may seem small but believe me 4lbs is a lot when you are walking long distances. DeerandbearhoG is correct, my Summit stand is loud but my Wolf is rock solid and quiet, I mean ROCK solid. The top (seat) connect to the bottom and locks the two stand together. The Wolf is also easier to hang on the tree and gives you more adjustability where as the Summit uses metal cables coated in rubber. Once the rubber wears off it will be metal on metal. IMO.....go with the Wolf.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.