Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Chase Is On!

Old 10-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up The Chase Is On!

34 degrees this morning,Perfect! 9:30 look out in a horse pasture and saw 3 Does running from a spike Buck and he looked serious about his quest. It's been over three weeks since the bow season started and until today I had been shut out. But thanks to this spiker running one to me the drought is over,Doe down at 9:30 this morning. Success is sweet when it comes and I like the way it feels. I do believe the chasing faze,pre'rut has begun here in southern Indiana.I will post some pics later,I know it's only a Doe but like my Buck last year it is my first Doe with the bow.I got her in the tree where I missed last year and even though it was a bad shot and it took me two hours to find her it was a good day in the stand. She ran 400 or 500 yards before she went down and the blood trail was good all but the last 50 yards or so. I was amazed to find the spike Buck standing over her when I found her not more than 30 feet from where my Buck died last year. Thanks for all the support while I struggled to get one in close and seal the deal. One more Doe unless a Buck shows up first and then I can focus on a nice Buck. Once again thanks for your support. I give thanks to GOD through Christ for His goodness to me.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome! Congrats on a great hunt.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Nice going,I am still waiting on one to come in range.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first bow doe! Hahaha! May you have many more.
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Spike

It's a great feeling regardless if it has antlers or not! Great job
Old 10-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for the comments,I truly enjoy hearing about your success as well and to me getting a Doe is not an easy task by any means. Press on Blackhawk your moment is coming.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

I saw 13 this weekend all being chased Its On time to Hunt