Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Helpful Hounds

Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb Helpful Hounds

I'm sure this is not a new revelation or something that has not been mentioned on the site but I thought I would put it in your minds afresh. Nearly every time I here near by dogs barking in the areas I hunt the Deer show up shortly there after. Several times last year this helped me to be ready,once I got my Buck the next time I missed a Doe in a group of three and one time they busted me because I was geting out of the stand and they came up so quick they saw my bow on its way back up. Last night once again after the barking I see them in the corn field. I hope this helps someone as it has helped me.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

I always await anxiously when I hear dogs barking like they are chasing something but have yet to have them run me anything.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to hunt a spot that other hunters accessed from the opposite side. They would pass a farmhouse with beagles. The beagles would bark at them, and I knew that they were headed to their stands. Several times I shot deer that the hunters pushed to me, as I was waiting on an escape route. Not the same thing, but still helpful dogs.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Spike

one of my favorite times to hunt is during the dog trials they have in my area. every year they have dog trials on the public property i hunt and its always been fun. they always get the deer up and moving.