Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Wounded Deer Tonight 10/18 Your Thoughts? >

Wounded Deer Tonight 10/18 Your Thoughts?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wounded Deer Tonight 10/18 Your Thoughts?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Look for circling ravens/crows/buzzards, they could be right over it.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hey man I'm really sorry to hear that. It happens to many of us and I'm willing to bet most of us have lost a deer in our time hunting. Its hard when you can't find it even when you think everything would work out. Don't doubt your decision to leave it over night one bit, you made the correct choice. I have a lot of respect for you and your ways. You gave it all your effort to find that buck and unfortunately the outcome isn't what everyone here was hoping for. Keep your chin up and I'm sure you'll get another chance.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

We all have special circumstances come up that could interfere with recovering a deer. That is not the case here, this is work, an everyday responsibility.

Only an idiot beleives there are no more important things in the world than deer. But I will say this, shooting a deer in the evening when you know you will not follow up at first light if necessary, aint real bright either.

IMO, deer ARE important enough not to be shot with an arrow at last light if I know I can't follow up as needed. If they are not that important to someone else, just maybe they should not bowhunt in that situation. How difficult is that to understand?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everybody off of their high horses yet?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everybody get the point yet?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

I had to get a dog on a track few years back (Deer Search). Dog found a deer the second day bedded and then suddenly on the run again, which was strange to me at the time since I hit him a little back. We tracked for another 50 minutes until he went on private property. Took another day to get permission to get on that land, found the deer but it was spoiled.

Turns out it was not my deer, this one was shoulder shot. Searched another two days until we found a gut pile and a stand hung on the private property we hunt, stand was not ours. Cut the stand down, left a note and dealt with what you are dealing with now.

Sometimes it doesn't work out, if you did what you believe was your best then hold your head high. Some these guy's comments on here appear to be from "internet hunters" or they have become such great hunters their arrogance is blinding.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 10-21-2010 at 09:44 AM.