Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

where did i hit this doe @?

Old 10-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

no offense bud but maybe you should spell check before you post. Although what kswild said was kinda harsh, its real. Although we kill deer we dont hate them, we respect them. Never take a shot your not sure of or you will possibly wound the animal. Obviously we all make bad shots and I am definately not perfect, but when you post stuff like a 42 yard shot expect to get that kind of response.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kswild
Unless your a very experienced hunter with a bow maybe you should stick to the 20 yard range. Sounds like 40 yards is out of your range. Instead of asking us where you hit her, you should be able to tell us where you hit her. If you are not SURE don't take the shot! I know you guys come here for help and sometimes the best help is to have someone tell you to pay attention to what your doing. This is a classic case of not knowing your limits. Out of range + not knowing your limits = Bad Shot! There is no excuse for this kind of irresponsibility.
Live it up! Doug
Don't know cause #1 I'm not retired and #2 don't play bingo. I spend 90% of my time in the woods hunting or filming. If you want to give a group hug after a irresponsible shot be my guest. Sometimes people need to hear it like it is....Not " Oh it's ok" feel good crap! This is hunting bud, it's not a freakin video game. And making a bad shot is NOT part of the learning process... using common sense and good judgment IS. You don't wound an animal in order to learn how to kill it! You learn how to kill it in order not to wound it!
Live it up! Doug
I understand bad shots happen to us all. Yes we need to learn from them. I being the Dad I am would tell my sons or daughters the exact same thing I posted here. But I would not shoot an animal and then go on a public forum and ask "Where did I hit it" I have taken shots longer than 40 yrds with a bow and I could tell you exactly where I hit the animal within a few inches. But you have to pay attention to what you are doing and do some projectile management... KNOW before you release that arrow or pull that trigger WHERE that projectile is going. NOT shoot first and WONDER where it went. Tough Love baby!
Live it up! Doug
Well Said!!!!!!!! I hear this all the time people taking 40 yd shots and not knowing where they hit, really gives hunting a bad rap!!!, Ya anyone can make a bad shot, it happens to the best, but I talk to so many bow hunters who take these wild shots, and they bragg about it. I'm not saying you are one of those, but to take that kind of shot and then ask on a hunting forum where you hit the animal!!! is just plain irresponsible. I hope you get to the range and get some practice time in, You really shouldn't be in the woods, Doc
Old 10-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by runko
@ kswild seriously? ive been bow hunting for 5 years... so noobie i think not....

day was just breaking and i found the doe this pm... i just shoted her... 125 yards from where she was...

everyone makes bad shots... ive killed deer in the 55 yardish range ....

as this bein an online community of hunters... i wanted yall input but never yours again..
I will not refrain from stating the obvious truth. I really am glad you found your deer. If you want to take shots at deer past 30 or 40 yards go right ahead. Since you think you already know everything after only 5 yrs of hunting you'll continue to experience situations as you posted here. Good luck the rest of the season.
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kyslayer
no offense bud but maybe you should spell check before you post. Although what kswild said was kinda harsh, its real. Although we kill deer we dont hate them, we respect them. Never take a shot your not sure of or you will possibly wound the animal. Obviously we all make bad shots and I am definately not perfect, but when you post stuff like a 42 yard shot expect to get that kind of response.
Well said, and I agree BUT!

What kswild said wasn't kinda harsh!! it was harsh!! and it should be!!!, one of the first things a hunter should learn is to respect his or hers "target" This guy is talking about "Smoking it" "I smoked it" that is just disrespectful "Trash" talk, Hell, he didn't even know where he hit it!!!!!!!, Doc
Old 10-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

i agree 100% It sucks to have to pass a shot cause of the distance but it sucks even more to wound a nice deer and find its remains two days later chewed up from coyotes and opposums!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DocD
Well said, and I agree BUT!

What kswild said wasn't kinda harsh!! it was harsh!! and it should be!!!, one of the first things a hunter should learn is to respect his or hers "target" This guy is talking about "Smoking it" "I smoked it" that is just disrespectful "Trash" talk, Hell, he didn't even know where he hit it!!!!!!!, Doc
You really understand Doc! You are 100% right. I'm glad to still see there is common sense runnin wild on this forum.
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

smoked that bitch! ummmm where did i hit it again?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

wheres this pic at
Old 10-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

he is still tracking.... that was just a post to shut everyone up
Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow!! Im staying out of Northern Kentucky and Kansas. Has anybody seen the movie deliverance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.