Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

where did i hit this doe @?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Spike

Default where did i hit this doe @?

i had a blade broke off my broadhead.... a few deer hairs.... and a few spots of peachish colored blood.... there was no blood on the ground that i saw...and no big clumps of hair.... i hit this deer..... shot was 42 yards and when she ran off it was just a jog i thought i smoked her....i wait 3 hours and found a few drops of peachy blood and like 6 strains of white hair....on my arrow.....

any help would be nice
Old 10-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a gut shot....what broad head were you using?...what are the temps there?
rule of thumb, ya dont leave one spot of blood til ya see the next one..dont let someone, or yourself, walk ahead and mess up all the sign..look fer fresh tracks to help guide you..usually the path of least resistance is the way to go, but dont go forward til ya see the next drop. if you looked fer 20 minutes and cant find blood..spiral out in 8 inch circles round and round til ya spot the next blood sign ..gl
Old 10-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Spike

realtree fixed.... and one of the damn blades broke off....i know i smoked her.... but there wasnt very much blood on my arrow and only like 6 strain of hair on the arrow...and none on the ground

it was water blood like a peach color not red
Old 10-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

probably broke off in the deer....42 yards is a bit much..even at 350fps, they hear the bow go off and flinch, duck, jump and run....what did she do?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im guessing brisket if you lost some blades and have white hair. If it was the belly, I don't know why you would lose a blade unless you stuck it in the leg on the other side.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by runko
i had a blade broke off my broadhead.... a few deer hairs.... and a few spots of peachish colored blood.... there was no blood on the ground that i saw...and no big clumps of hair.... i hit this deer..... shot was 42 yards and when she ran off it was just a jog i thought i smoked her....i wait 3 hours and found a few drops of peachy blood and like 6 strains of white hair....on my arrow.....

any help would be nice
Unless your a very experienced hunter with a bow maybe you should stick to the 20 yard range. Sounds like 40 yards is out of your range. Instead of asking us where you hit her, you should be able to tell us where you hit her. If you are not SURE don't take the shot! I know you guys come here for help and sometimes the best help is to have someone tell you to pay attention to what your doing. This is a classic case of not knowing your limits. Out of range + not knowing your limits = Bad Shot! There is no excuse for this kind of irresponsibility.
Live it up! Doug

Last edited by kswild; 10-09-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

White hair would mean to me it was hit low. possibly the sternum, where the ribs meet.
peach means there is other fluid mixed with the blood. your best bet is to give some time then go looking hours later. you may not have killed her but wounded
Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Low hit in the gut area if you found white hair. Chance's of finding her are slim to none, probably have a better chance of shooting her again because I really doubt she died.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
Unless your a very experienced hunter with a bow maybe you should stick to the 20 yard range. Sounds like 40 yards is out of your range. Instead of asking us where you hit her, you should be able to tell us where you hit her. If you are not SURE don't take the shot! I know you guys come here for help and sometimes the best help is to have someone tell you to pay attention to what your doing. This is a classic case of not knowing your limits. Out of range + not knowing your limits = Bad Shot! There is no excuse for this kind of irresponsibility.
Live it up! Doug
Wow! I think he was asking advice not to get judge by someone that is retired and bored out of his mind. You don't judge people at the bingo hall do you? Im sure he feels bad for making a not so good shot but its all part of the learning process. Make a mistake learn from it.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Wow! I think he was asking advice not to get judge by someone that is retired and bored out of his mind. You don't judge people at the bingo hall do you? Im sure he feels bad for making a not so good shot but its all part of the learning process. Make a mistake learn from it.
Don't know cause #1 I'm not retired and #2 don't play bingo. I spend 90% of my time in the woods hunting or filming. If you want to give a group hug after a irresponsible shot be my guest. Sometimes people need to hear it like it is....Not " Oh it's ok" feel good crap! This is hunting bud, it's not a freakin video game. And making a bad shot is NOT part of the learning process... using common sense and good judgment IS. You don't wound an animal in order to learn how to kill it! You learn how to kill it in order not to wound it!
Live it up! Doug

Last edited by kswild; 10-09-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.