Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My new flashlight

Old 10-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default My new flashlight

I bought this little coleman flashlight for $3.99,it is around 4 to 5" long and this little sucker is wicked I think it is going to be the best tracking light I ever owned it even came with a headlamp and Duracell batteries,I havent used the headlamp yet but am happy with the flashlight its super bright if anyone wants to give one a try he has another listed http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330477962000 this is not an advertisement by any means I dont know the seller but he has good prices on outdoor items.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

24 lumens sucks. Sorry.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

24 lumens is on the headlamp there is no rating on the flashlight regardless it is a great light for $3.99
Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had lights similar to that one. They are OK to get to your stand but for tracking not too good. I found a nice Coleman 115 Lumens at Walmart that is really good for $30 and it has red and green LED mode as well. Check them out when you are looking for a new light.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Oh ok I just thought they would be good for tracking,never have used it to track tho just got it a couple days ago,I will take a look at them.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I have had lights similar to that one. They are OK to get to your stand but for tracking not too good. I found a nice Coleman 115 Lumens at Walmart that is really good for $30 and it has red and green LED mode as well. Check them out when you are looking for a new light.

I have the same one. Don't point it at your face, it's like looking into the sun.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Maryland_Whitetail
I have the same one. Don't point it at your face, it's like looking into the sun.
my friend has one and we were walleye fishing one night boy was that a mistake to look at his face
Old 10-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default I have simimlar LED flashlights

had 1, liked it so much bought 2 more,
use it all the time,
as for headlamps, i prefer to have red as first ,
headlamp i use is a rayovac, like $15, red/flood/spot
easy to turn on/off even with gloves
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
GREAT ADVICE....man you are right!

I have one of those Coleman 115 lumens light from Walmart.

These are my favorite lights for both getting to my stand and for tracking!

These lights are AWESOME!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Spike

I am notorious for always having a flashlight handy. I used to always buy those cheap lights from Wal-mart, until I discovered Streamlights. They are very expensive, but awesome lights. I bought the Ultra Stinger, at 295 lumens and a 30 hour run time on a single charge, it is by far the best light I have ever seen. I'm not trying to advertise, by no means. Just letting my fellow hunters know about a great product. Even came with auto charger and home charger. Check them out.