Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Code Blue Doe Scent

Old 10-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Spike

Default Code Blue Doe Scent

Has anyone ever used Code Blude Doe Scent? I ordered a bottle Tuesday thinking it was Doe Urine and it arrived yesterday. The label says Doe Scent. I usually use HS Doe Urine but I saw this and figured I would give it a try. My question is whether to use this the same way I would use the urine or should I use a leeser or greater amount around my stands. I only use it as a type of cover so I'm not too worried just wondering?
Old 10-01-2010, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

I believe Code blue is a manmade product and is intended to smell like the deer itself not just urine. Put it on scent wicks and such but I don't know if I would pour it in a scrape. Let us know how it works............
Old 11-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Spike

Well, after several uses I am not sold on this stuff. I have had deer within 10 ft of it without any issues and other times I have had deer walk right away from it. I will that the days that I didn't use it at all, I have seen more deer closer to me that with it. I am not going to use it at all this weekend.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

It is not an attractant it is meant to simulate the smell of a doe. If you are looking for some sort of attractant you would need to use estrous or straight urine