Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you......

Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Find their food source and hunt on a trail somewhere in between. (if possible) Pay attention to the wind as well.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Whitetailmadness
Hunt the edges of it not the middle of it. You're likely going to run the deer out of a safe haven by trying to hunt in it.

x2 - Hunt it during the rut. Bucks will be walking up to this place with their noses in the air trying to smell the hot does.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

I have a place like that where I am hunting mostly small trees and briers,I consider it CRP I have a pic here of my hunting area I set up in the hardwoods just outside the CRP I see big bucks coming out of that area all the time.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's what our overgrown clear cuts look like. And we're talking about 1000 acres of the stuff. You can't see 10 feet into it.

Tons of deer in there. At night we see loads of deer and a lot of big bucks. In the day time, they go in those cuts to eat and feed and you never see them until dark.

It's tough. Big drives would be the only way to get them to move.
Attached Thumbnails How do you......-lou-s-biggest-oak.jpg  
Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Spike

Find the points that the deer get in and out of the thicket and then set up a stand about 30-40 yds away. That way, you don't need to disturb their "sanctuary". If there are no trees, try a ground blind