Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Think he will live?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Spike

I would take a guess and say that if he's been around for a day or two or three after the shot... more than likely, I'd assume the deer will be fine.

Unfortunately, as most have said... it's simply a part of hunting and it happens. It simply is what it is.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

several hours of practice
I would hope so!
What are you 9 years old?

I used to get worried about being politically correct on this site - but no more.

Lets say it is a broadhead / arrow. The hunter "missed" by a few inches - the deer is still alive after "several days of photos". I'd say it wasn't a lethal hit. Thats the end of the story here - not much else to speculate on.

Bowhunters occaisionally "miss" their targets. Aiming a bow, and making a perfect shot is far from certain - even for the most accomplished boyer. Same goes for firearms hunters. Should we strive to make perfect hits...... Hell yes. Will they all be perfect...... Hell no. In my opinion - hunters need to be able to handle a bad shot - whether it was their shot - or a peer's shot - politically and personally - they happen.

Someone will get on here after my post and say they've hunted XXXyears - and never made a bat shot - never lost one....etc. Glad you guys are out there....... but the reality is that bad shots happen in hunting - and hunters need to be able to address wounding - without pulling the "high and mighty, better than thou" card. Most of these wounded deer live - and some don't.

Last edited by farm hunter; 09-23-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

If that's the exit wound I don't know why he's still standing now. If it entrance it didn't penitrate anything vital. If infection dosen't set in he'll be fine.