Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What kind of land do you hunt on? >

What kind of land do you hunt on?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What kind of land do you hunt on?

Old 09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default What kind of land do you hunt on?

What land do the majority of you guys hunt on? Is it your own, public, leased or something else? I'm just trying to find out what kind of land most people hunt on.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt private land. I get free permits from all of the landowners. Have never leased and hope I don't ever have to.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Private mostly but some public. I don't have any real good land to hunt so I take what I get.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of a mix , I hunt my own plus my neighbors , a section of government land and a timber company holding which are all adjacent to my property .
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

all Private family owned farm 2hrs away. private farm at my house. I help the farmer plant and pick for rights
Old 09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

My backyard 3 acres + 15 acres that my neighbor lets me hunt, public WMAs within 30 minutes of me (2) and my friends land about 2 hours away.

I like hunting my backyard best...10 minutes and I am in my stand.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have 1 spot, and it is about 15 acres if private land. It is about 50% CRP, and 50%woods. Not the best spot in the world, but I am the only one who gets to hunt it, so I can pretty much do as I please on it.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

i guess from the responces above i am somewhat spoiled....i hunt only private or invite...my grandfather has bout 140 acres of planted pines/and hardwoods near the creak...have my own farm which is on the otherside of the creek (the creek is the property line)and its another 140 acres with the same mix...me and my uncle hunt it together but i get my farm to myself...hes by turkey huntin buddy
Old 09-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by syrupman
i guess from the responces above i am somewhat spoiled....i hunt only private or invite...my grandfather has bout 140 acres of planted pines/and hardwoods near the creak...have my own farm which is on the otherside of the creek (the creek is the property line)and its another 140 acres with the same mix...me and my uncle hunt it together but i get my farm to myself...hes by turkey huntin buddy
I know what you mean, I have also been very fortunate over the years to be able to hunt large tracts of private property. It's hard for me to relate to those that only have small tracts and public land to hunt. Even out of state I manage to hunt private by either having it tied up with a lease or helping the owner out when ever he asks.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

All privately own property, if I'm not hunting my ground then I hunting a buddy's which is private. I hate dealing with the hassle of fighting off others hunters on most public land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.