Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic. >

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have to say two dogs. The tail looks strikingly similar to a cats tail but it is WAY to short. A cats tail is like 80%-90% their body length. Look at the real pic of the cat and then back at this pic. Also the hind legs are really slender. Lastly geography has got ya here. As stated, he only big black cats are Jags and leopards, not mountain lions. Sorry but they are not on this continent.
A real black panther is as allusive as Nessy or Bigfoot. Tons of "sightings" but never a capture or a body.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
Well you best get certified in black panther recognition because thats two black dogs and one is cold nosing the other.......
No to mention that they are getting ready to fornicate.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

I'd like to say this too if I may. There are a lot of people who bring exotic cats into this country legally or illegally. For a breeding pair to either escape captivity or be turned loose (which in the early 70's I heard tell of in the mountains of Arkansas where I lived at the time), is not unheard of. could be where they came from. Any thing is possible.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah but the tail is at max 40% its body length. Explain that please.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a dog with a long tail..........

I guess there is resemblence to a panther -enough people say it is one. But I still say 2 dogs.

The one looks to have a short body. (since you make reference to tail) Could just be the way the camera captured it.

Before long this picture will have made its way all over the internet and will be claimed to have been taken in every state.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dogs.Look like a cross between a dalmation and black lab.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington

Looks like they are getting ready to Cross again too..
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
DAAYYUUMMM... now were are getting this down the breeds. I was going to go with a cross between a grey hound and a labrodoodle. I could be way off though.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

With out being there I can't say for certain what they are they could be dogs. I do know facts and the fact is there was an exotic animal dealer in Arkansas in the early 70's that's a fact. We lived about 10 miles away. Law enforcement was called out because he either turned some Big cats loose or they escaped those are facts. What happen after that to the cats it was never said. Not long after that sittin on a deer stand one evening just about dark I had a black panther walk by at about 10 yrds That's a fact. How it got there I don't know, where it went I don't know.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im sure anything is possible and animals have escaped from breeders and exotic animal farms.
A few years back a guy around here had a fallow deer escape. Dont kno what ever came of it .

I am sure you saw what you say . Not saying you didnt . I have no reason to doubt you.
I just say those are two dogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.