Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Treestand?

Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Treestand?

I have been given permission to hunt private land and to put up a treestand, but he doesnt want trees damaged and no big treestands like I was planning to put up. My question is how good is a basic 15' manufactured ladderstand to shoot out of, because I already have one? Have you harvested many deer out of them? Or would a small wooden stand be better? Also shooting rail attachments is it better to buy one or make one out of wood?

Thanks

Last edited by croc2116; 09-12-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by croc2116
I have been given permission to hunt private land and to put up a treestand, but he doesnt want trees damaged and no big treestands like I was planning to put up. My question is how good is a basic 15' manufactured ladderstand to shoot out of? Have you harvested many deer out of them? Or would a small wooden stand be better?

Thanks
Get that 15' stand and put it up. Have taken alot of deer from those types of stands. As long as you secure it tight it is very stable and safe. Just make sure the stand is TMA approved. It will say on the box if it is or not. Hope you do well on your new huntin' land. Good huntin, Scott Woody
Old 09-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted for 20 years out of various ladder stands. I think the quality has gone up greatly for what you pay. Pick one with a good solid fixed seat that you can put a cushion on, and a sturdy shooting rail . for 150. you can get alot of stand.