Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
2 Boone and Crockett Bucks in a minute >

2 Boone and Crockett Bucks in a minute

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2 Boone and Crockett Bucks in a minute

Old 09-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man Doc, it's ok if you think it's one deer and rest of us can clearly see it's two. Let go of it already!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

idk how these 2 different bucks could be confused as the same buck. first one has split brows, at least 4 points up top on the left side, only 2 long tines on his right side, only around 3 inches between his last tine and the end of his beam on his left. The second buck does not have split brows, has about 8 inches less spread between the end of his beams, 3 to 4 long tines on his right side, only 2 long tines up top on the left, and at least 8 inches between his last tine and end of main beam on the left. plenty of differences in the rack and thats without mentioning differences in color in the forehead and white patterning on the legs. But who knows, maybe we are all wrong

Last edited by Hunt4Life23; 09-16-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunt4Life23
idk how these 2 different bucks could be confused as the same buck. first one has split brows, at least 4 points up top on the left side, only 2 long tines on his right side, only around 3 inches between his last tine and the end of his beam on his left. The second buck does not have split brows, has about 8 inches less spread between the end of his beams, 3 to 4 long tines on his right side, only 2 long tines up top on the left, and at least 8 inches between his last tine and end of main beam on the left. plenty of differences in the rack and thats without mentioning differences in color in the forehead and white patterning on the legs. But who knows, maybe we are all wrong
It's just the angle.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

You are talking 60 seconds! The odds of this happening by two different deer are (in 60 seconds) is almost incalculable. It is almost certainly the same deer. If it were a different deer there would be some difference (come on guys, ever shoot two different deer that looked this much alike??) Shape, color, body shape, or some difference besides antlers, NO deer are the same!! heck I have seen 6 pointers coming down the trail and with a slit turn of the head it become an 8 or even a 10, each deer will have there own characteristics , some dark brown, some reddish, some more pointed in the face, Etc: but never the same, look at this deer, almost exactly the same, just the antlers out of "kilt" given the odds (I repeat, just the odds!!!) make these two deer to be one and the same. jmop Doc
Old 09-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I will bite. This is the same deer and he has the power to change the shape of his rack every sixty seconds. I mean he has split brows and a tip to tip spread of 18 inches one minute and the next minute he can shake those split brows, make them shorter and then grow his main beams till they are within inches of touching.

You act amazed as if two deer of this caliber could be hanging out together? Have you ever followed a bachelor group during the summer?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
Ok, I will bite. This is the same deer and he has the power to change the shape of his rack every sixty seconds. I mean he has split brows and a tip to tip spread of 18 inches one minute and the next minute he can shake those split brows, make them shorter and then grow his main beams till they are within inches of touching.

You act amazed as if two deer of this caliber could be hanging out together? Have you ever followed a bachelor group during the summer?
In the second photo his head has moved he still has the split brows, but now they are in alinement, I am not amazed at two large bucks hanging out together, happens all the time, but they are never "Clones" of oneanother!! For a moment, if you will!!, look at the deer, just the deer, (forget the antlers) I am pushing 70 and have hunted deer since probley about 10, have taken many deer (not brag'n) (but I was in the woods). and only once in my hunting have I seen a deer look so much alike, a few years ago I shot (2) 3PT bucks that I could not tell apart. What I am saying that the odds of this being the same deer are about a trillion to one!!! I suspose it could be two different deer (we will never really know) I'll go with the odds. I respect your opinion, I hope you respect mine, Doc
Old 09-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DocD
In the second photo his head has moved he still has the split brows, but now they are in alinement, I am not amazed at two large bucks hanging out together, happens all the time, but they are never "Clones" of oneanother!! For a moment, if you will!!, look at the deer, just the deer, (forget the antlers) I am pushing 70 and have hunted deer since probley about 10, have taken many deer (not brag'n) (but I was in the woods). and only once in my hunting have I seen a deer look so much alike, a few years ago I shot (2) 3PT bucks that I could not tell apart. What I am saying that the odds of this being the same deer are about a trillion to one!!! I suspose it could be two different deer (we will never really know) I'll go with the odds. I respect your opinion, I hope you respect mine, Doc

I would buy every thing you said, but no camera angle can produce the tip to tip spread difference. I respect your opinion and wish you several more years of chasing these whitetails. Good luck this season. Wishing you the best.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

unbelievable
Old 09-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
I would buy every thing you said, but no camera angle can produce the tip to tip spread difference. I respect your opinion and wish you several more years of chasing these whitetails. Good luck this season. Wishing you the best.
Thanks, and the same to you, Doc
Old 09-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Spike

Wow nice bucks. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.