Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

unethical hunting

Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
sorry but if i could shoot that good,id do it.can u all say that u wouldnt?
i can definitely say that i would not. i like to get as close as i can to a deer!!!!!

if i could shoot that good, i'd be picking off osama and his followers!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by noidurism
i can definitely say that i would not. i like to get as close as i can to a deer!!!!!

if i could shoot that good, i'd be picking off osama and his followers!!!!!!
so if that trophy buck walked out and u knew u could make the shot from many hours experiance at the range,you wouldnt take it?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
so if that trophy buck walked out and u knew u could make the shot from many hours experiance at the range,you wouldnt take it?
dude you cant ask that now, cause if they say no, then it means they just shouldnt shoot at all..we are talking about comfort zone right?
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
dude you cant ask that now, cause if they say no, then it means they just shouldnt shoot at all..we are talking about comfort zone right?
yep good point
Old 09-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

you boys can stir up trouble for your friend all you want to,,,but at the end of the day you all know its wrong to do,,,any hunter worth anything will tell you that...we dont shoot at deer at 1350 yards in vermont...not because we cant but because it isnt the right thing to do...i dont care how good a shot someone is and how much they practice..that is a live animal out there and can you say it wouldnt move to just eat something or take a step..look at it this way i shoot bow alot,,i used to have an old bear compound..used it till one day i shot at a little buck at 20 yards and he actully turned befor the arrow hit him in the chest instead of behind the shoulder...my shot was dead on but the animal moved...the next year i got a better bow when i could aford one...i dont believe anyone ,,and i repeate this (anyone) with any GUN MADE NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE SHOULD BE SHOOTING AT DEER AT OVER 4000 FEET.hey standing up for your pal is great.....being just plain ignorant isnt...time to put on your big boy underwear and deal with it...theres been many people here that said you shouldnt be doing such things so im not alone nor will i be changeing my mind any time soon,,,you have the right in my mind to not believe what i say,,,but so do i,,,if your trying to get me to swear or argue so i can be booted again your sadly mistaken,,,you should go practice some more....
Old 09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

for everyones information skinner and half baked are friends of the gentilman i was in this very heated discushion with, sorry for my spelling.they was also the ones stiring the pot to get me chat ban,,i find it very funny that someone as capable as this long distance killer has to have his pals post for him,,,,lol
Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vermont bowhunter
you boys can stir up trouble for your friend all you want to,,,but at the end of the day you all know its wrong to do,,,any hunter worth anything will tell you that...we dont shoot at deer at 1350 yards in vermont...not because we cant but because it isnt the right thing to do...i dont care how good a shot someone is and how much they practice..that is a live animal out there and can you say it wouldnt move to just eat something or take a step..look at it this way i shoot bow alot,,i used to have an old bear compound..used it till one day i shot at a little buck at 20 yards and he actully turned befor the arrow hit him in the chest instead of behind the shoulder...my shot was dead on but the animal moved...the next year i got a better bow when i could aford one...i dont believe anyone ,,and i repeate this (anyone) with any GUN MADE NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE SHOULD BE SHOOTING AT DEER AT OVER 4000 FEET.hey standing up for your pal is great.....being just plain ignorant isnt...time to put on your big boy underwear and deal with it...theres been many people here that said you shouldnt be doing such things so im not alone nor will i be changeing my mind any time soon,,,you have the right in my mind to not believe what i say,,,but so do i,,,if your trying to get me to swear or argue so i can be booted again your sadly mistaken,,,you should go practice some more....
stop being so dramatic vb,any real hunter wouldnt be herrasing anouther hunter because of the way he hunts like u have been doing,to each his own, sorry but you asked for ppl's opinions.im also sorry u cant handle it.oh and u want to talk about big boy pants?lmao,isnt that the kettle calling the pot black,your a child and u comeing into the chat swearing up a storm just proves that.btw it wasnt jr that banned u so get a grip and get a clue.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Okay - Please read the HNI rules - argueing aobut what happened or didn't happen is off topic.

the question is is it ethical and to some it is NOT and some it IS! Each their own as it was so politley pointed out by another user Ehtics is what YOU make if it!

So
What is Ethical
Pertains to what is right and wrong! No one is wrong here it is a matter of difference of opinion. If it is legal - then it is not unethical.

What is Ethics
They are rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular group or culture. In this case it is a bow hunter who like animals close and a long range hunter who like animals at a distance. Each knows their own equipment limitations and that is one of the steps we as ethical hunters really need to do. Know our equipment and to make a clean quick ethical shot.

An Ethic is
Is a body of moral principles or values associated with a particular culture or group

So again to recap ~
What is an Ethic?
Definition
A person who knows and respects the animals hunted, follows the law and regualtions, and behaves in a way that will satisfy what society expects of him or her as a “HUNTER.”

This definition has three main parts:
1. knowing and respecting the animals
2. obeying the law and,
3. behaving in the right way

Direct from my Hunter Ed class I teach.

But do read the HNI Rules ~ stop the bashing of each other!

To help you ~ here is the link
http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpage...il.aspx?id=291

JW

Last edited by JW; 09-09-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
Okay - Please read the HNI rules - argueing aobut what happened or didn't happen is off topic.

the question is is it ethical and to some it is NOT and some it IS! Each their own as it was so politley pointed out by another user Ehtics is what YOU make if it!

So
What is Ethical
Pertains to what is right and wrong! No one is wrong here it is a matter of difference of opinion. If it is legal - then it is not unethical.

What is Ethics
They are rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular group or culture. In this case it is a bow hunter who like animals close and a long range hunter who like animals at a distance. Each knows their own equipment limitations and that is one of the steps we as ethical hunters really need to do. Know our equipment and to make a clean quick ethical shot.

An Ethic is
Is a body of moral principles or values associated with a particular culture or group

So again to recap ~
What is an Ethic?
Definition
A person who knows and respects the animals hunted, follows the law and regualtions, and behaves in a way that will satisfy what society expects of him or her as a “HUNTER.”

This definition has three main parts:
1. knowing and respecting the animals
2. obeying the law and,
3. behaving in the right way

Direct from my Hunter Ed class I teach.

But do read the HNI Rules ~ stop the bashing of each other!

To help you ~ here is the link
http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpage...il.aspx?id=291

JW
good post jw,perfectly said
Old 09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

i got my info on boone and crockett country tv show 10th show named trophy hunting reverse evelution...on out door channel. the web adress is bcclub@[email protected] be fair ive sent 2 e-mails to this website with no answeras to thier stance on the subject.but i have no reason to lie about it,,i believe if asked someone might be able to get a copy of the show...i for one am quite sick of this subject its my opinion on it and does not reflect others point of view...its plain to see that no one will be changeing there minds any time soon....thanks for the intervention jw its a dead subject to me from now on if im left alone by rr and his pals...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.