Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What does the future hold?

Old 09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

one must enterprise, you gotta find some farmer that will let you hunt there land, or find a club, or get together and lease some land from a lumber co. or such. lastley have deep pockets and go to an outfitter. public land is great but the good spots to be are way off the path, most public land hunters won't go far from the provided trails one must go way beyond that. I am luck inlaws have 1'000 acres for me to hunt on, if not I would find a club.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Spike

I am consulting forester and I see your pain in forestland. I fortuately have cleared (for now) the pain that you are in, and everyone has been in that likes to hunt and doesn't have $100K + to burn on a recreation property. But still don't own my own land just have permission. You can thank outlaws, and greedy selfish society for your pain. Outlaws trespassing have made it tough. It is easier to be a outlaw then try to prove you are a ethical hunter. Greedy selfish society now says that this is mine!! Do you hunt it? No... But this is mine! You can also thank the government for selling this country's soul to everyone that hates us. We have perfect productive farm lands, but free trade, cap and trade makes private farming less and less profitable. You own a thousand acre farm, you make $500000 a year off it with a lot of hard work. Someone comes in and offers you 2mil or 5 mil + for your farm to develop it! Laid up in a really nice lazy boy flipping through the channels the rest of your life!. Also the true hardworking farmers have mostly retired, your left with the "kids" trying to keep pace with what dad did for 80 years.

Just keep your eyes open, the struggles will happen for a while, but you will luck into a opportunity.