Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

One of the best

Old 09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default One of the best

One of the best shows on TV to me has been the "Best and Worst of Tred Barta". Tonights show he was in a wheel chair, paralyzed from the chest down. I had not heard anything about it, but he suffered a spinal stroke and has a blood cancer also. He vows to continue hunting with his long bow.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respectfully disagree. I'm sure Mr. Barta means well and draws a lot of fans by his "my way" approach to hunting.... And also that he uses a long bow and only hunts fair-chase. But the man himself is a hard pill to swallow. I find myself gritting my teeth when he speaks and get angry at how ****y and arrogant he is. I've seen him gut shoot and lose more animals than he's actually taken. But to each their own and if you like watching it, more power to you.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhunt with traditional equipment - I refuse to have him considered as a representative of anything I do. I do of course which him nothing but the best in fighting his medical condition.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

I gave up on barta a long time ago so I had not heard about his ilness.My wife and I watch alot of outdoors shows together bot when barta would come on she would leave the room. she is a very good judge of character.She was smart enough to pick me after all.That being said I hope Barta recovers fully from his illness.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Spike

I am not sure what part of arrogant he is. i don't get that when I watch his shows. But different strokes for different folks. I see it as he is doing something that is extremely difficult to do for most folks, and for himself many times. He has to be arrogant to keep himself believing that he can actually do it. I.e. the shows where he tries to duck hunt or grouse hunt with a long bow.

I didn't know he had the illness and wish him all the best to be arrogant with those illnesses as well.