Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scrapes...

Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard that human urine works on scrapes....but I continue to use the bottled Doe and Buck urine then I also lay a trail with a drag-line so pee-ing for several hundred yards is not my best feature!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lol....if you think deer can determine human urin from its own your "all crazy". Human urin doesn't scare deer away, its an "ole myth"
Old 09-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Lol....if you think deer can determine human urin from its own your "all crazy". Human urin doesn't scare deer away, its an "ole myth"
"It has been found that a deer's sense of smell is about 1000 times better than that of a human."

"In a study of how whitetails react to buck urine, doe urine, pre-estrus urine, estrus urine, post estrus urine and human urine, the most positive responses were to human urine."

Must be i'm crazy!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

i think i will feed my wife lettuce for the next couple of weeks and slip a jar under her the next time she comes in heat. ill keep yall posted
Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Spike

Talking

Originally Posted by sussexhunter
i think i will feed my wife lettuce for the next couple of weeks and slip a jar under her the next time she comes in heat. ill keep yall posted
LMAO at this....... Probally one of the top 5 posts ive seen on a forum. Thanks you have have made my day.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Thats a dandy!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

hahah, definitely keep me posted! might have to do it myself!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

do it all the time - for better scrape pictures on my cam. On some sites i never use deer scent - only my own urine.

I get lots and lots of deer coming to the scrapes - with no concern in their mannerisms. For me its cheap scent for my cams - and works good.

Here's one from last week - I think I had 50+ pictures in 4 days on my "mock scrape".

Try it yourself - do a double blind test - use two cams - one with - on without on a scrape line - I've done it. You get the same deer in the pictures. You still have to be scent concious - don't handle the vegetation and/or spit, etc.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

hey farmhunter, how exactly do you do it? I'd have an idea and everything but I wouldn't wanna do something that may just mess it up.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

1. unzip your pants
2. pull your pecker out and hold it in hand
3. relax and let her fly
4. shake once or twice
5. quit playing with it and zip your pants back up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.