Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What to do?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

The guys who are "in charge" at the lease where I hunt prefer that you shoot the oldest doe you see, preferably one without a fawn in tow, and they ask that we not shoot does with twins.

I'm not sure whether these are valid rules from a management perspective, but... it is what it is...
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

I've done it once, the fawn just stayed around and i had to push it off....basically walking right up to it. I honestly don't think I would do it again...just pesronally choice though!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
Thank you all for your input,it makes deciding on an issue a little easier when you get other peoples thoughts on it. I 'm going to pass on her due to the fact that there will more than likely be bigger and better targets throughout the season. One comment that was made about the Doe being a help to lure in a Buck or two was a good point. If she bust me and causes my hunting to get tougher then I'll reconsider her status as a possible target. The spot I have prepared is a good one and the reason I chose it is because last year a nice 8 pointer passed through every once in a while. There is a good chance he survived the season because I spooked him a week before bow season ended in January. Once again thanks to all for sharing your viewpoints and past decissions on this issue. Being a new hunter I've never been faced with this before.
sounds like your on the right track,good luck to you.