Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
When do you guys start to find rubs >

When do you guys start to find rubs

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When do you guys start to find rubs

Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default When do you guys start to find rubs

I hunt in Northern MI and I was going to check out a new hunting spot the week after labor day and wanted to know if there will be any rubs yet. I think its usually about that time of year they start rubbing. When do bucks start rubbing in your area.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

I found a few this weekend but they were far and in between the majority of bucks havn't started to rub or scrape yet in the south. about mid september you'll see alot more action.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

I found a few this past weekend also, I even found a scrape. I would imagine the scrape was from a baby buck just learning though. but yeah they are trying to get that velvet off their horns now for sure in my area.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Down here in Central Virginia I have not seen any bucks without their velvet yet. I have a couple of small bucks moving through my property and they have not been rubbing and still in full velvet and I just saw a four pointer on I-95 and it still was in full velvet as well. Still a little early for us I believe. A guy I work with swears he found a scrape line on his familys farm last weekend and he set up some trail cameras to check out what was making them. I thought it was way to early, but he is an experienced hunter and swears up and down that it was true. I am a little skeptical.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

They should start around here in a couple of weeks,Kentucky I think as well will start seeing them. I was out this weekend and last night have not seen any yet here in southern Indiana.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found a rub the other night.

I was on the road and got a hotel for the night. Went out for dinner and then hit a local watering hole. I'm sitting at the bar enjoying a conversation with a rather attractive lady. After a few drinks I feel a hand on my thigh. Thinking this is pretty great that even after a few years the smart ladies just can't resist the old unc - and I'm not even trying. So I'm starting to tell her how flattered I am and all when I look down and the hand is that of some dude sitting on my other side!

How rude! A quick elbow to his eye reminded him that it is always good manners to atleast introduce yourself!

My newest lady friend thought he had fell off his stool and I was trying to help him or something! She wasn't suprised though when I told her the actual why & what. He was well known around there for wearing paisley socks and being light in the loafers.

Last edited by uncle matt; 08-31-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

lol good one...well anyway our start around sept or oct