Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scouting?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scouting?

When scouting how many times should you visit any one spot? 1 day, 2x/week etc... I am asking because I dont want to leave too much scent but I also want to make sure I have got everything done and scouted enough?

Thanks guys
Old 08-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

this is not the time of year to be doing a thorough investigation of a hunting spot. if I go in the woods now, it is just like I am hunting, scent control to the max and as low impact as poss. now if you are not going to hunt till mid Oct no big deal, but I bow hunt and I could bump my deer to my neighbor and he just might like his woods better for a while, I have done this. I watched a nice 10 point buck come out the same place every day. went to hang a stand he was bedding up 30yds from me. buck was killed 4 days later 200yds on the other side of the swamp. I spooked him. now had I been on a tractor of 4 wheeler outcome may have been diff, but I was being sneaky.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

i wont be hunting until end of oct.