Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stupid huge urban buck

Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

he's safe there..smart deer.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

There are more than a few bucks like that living in Cape. I wish I could find the picture a friend of mine sent me. A relative or friend of his throws some corn out in his back yard. Two booners are 10 yards off his patio with a 130" eight point. I'll see if I can find it.

It is illegal to hunt by any method in Cape. A buddy of mine is a conservation agent. He told me a few years ago, a college kid shot a giant off his apartment patio with his bow and bragged about it to a few people. He got a knock on his door the next day by the game warden. I know he lost his hunting rights, big fine, community service, probation. It seems like he lost truck too. I can't remember.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know I've posted this a few times before, but this is one of the guys that hangs around my parents back yard in the suburbs of Chicago, about 3 miles from my very small legal hunting spot. He's got friends the same size and one bigger that is hanging around as well. As long as the can aviod the cars they know that have nothing to fear.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
I would have a really hard time not bow hunting that buck. problem is he is most likely gone now, his cover has been blown.
From what it sounds like, he doesn't have much cover. He's likely still there because he has nowhere to go...
Old 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Doubled 150
There are more than a few bucks like that living in Cape. I wish I could find the picture a friend of mine sent me. A relative or friend of his throws some corn out in his back yard. Two booners are 10 yards off his patio with a 130" eight point. I'll see if I can find it.

It is illegal to hunt by any method in Cape. A buddy of mine is a conservation agent. He told me a few years ago, a college kid shot a giant off his apartment patio with his bow and bragged about it to a few people. He got a knock on his door the next day by the game warden. I know he lost his hunting rights, big fine, community service, probation. It seems like he lost truck too. I can't remember.
I'm guessing someone shot one out by Cape Place? I always see a bunch of does down there but have never seen any bucks.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Spike

What a waste.... Got to love Cape
Old 09-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gladius87
I'm guessing someone shot one out by Cape Place? I always see a bunch of does down there but have never seen any bucks.
It seems like it was around Bertling Street, north and east of the university.