Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Racks Craze

Old 09-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
I'll take a stab. "Trophy Hunter" never pulls the trigger but to shoot a Trophy male mature game animal. they never do herd mngmt. and also on the TV show's most of the time's those guy's do show herd mngmt, it's not all big rack's. I can't think of one show I watch that they don't pull the trigger on some does. I don't watch them all some just piss me off.
you are wrong,a real trophy hunter knows the value of deer management,and most practice it so that they may have quality deer in the future,trophy hunters are generly the more experianced hunter that wants to up thier level of skills.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned

"Trophy Hunter" "Deer Management" Bubba is now an environmentalist, now that's funny. I'm looking for the B&C book about deer balls......
Old 09-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'll take a stab. "Trophy Hunter" never pulls the trigger but to shoot a Trophy male mature game animal. they never do herd mngmt. and also on the TV show's most of the time's those guy's do show herd mngmt, it's not all big rack's. I can't think of one show I watch that they don't pull the trigger on some does. I don't watch them all some just piss me off.
and yes i know what your saying when u say the term trophy hunter and how it is projected onto ppl by these hunting shows,problom is that these shows arent made for the beginer,do they explain what a grunt call is?do they talk about hunter safety?no they do not because most of thier watchers are experianced hunters as it is,so they will make a show that is targeted at the educated hunter.i was just simply asking to explain why anyone would say trophy hunting as a whole is a bad practice and you replied a trophy hunter never takes a doe or practices deer management.there is nothing wrong with the term trophy hunter,whats wrong is the lack of education some ppl have on what a trophy hunter is.if your a beginer you should be talking a hunter safety course or be hunting with someone that is experianced.not watching hunting shows.and btw,nothings perfect.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red face

What have I done? I think I've created one of those threads that makes enemies of fellow hunters and goes back and forth and gets nasty at times. Lets call it a draw and do what these two are doing> Have a cold one and a basket of hot wings.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by doetrain
What have I done? I think I've created one of those threads that makes enemies of fellow hunters and goes back and forth and gets nasty at times. Lets call it a draw and do what these two are doing> Have a cold one and a basket of hot wings.
I agree, peace
Old 09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

zzz......zzzzzzz.....zzzzzzz...........zzzzz...... zzzzzzzzzz.........!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, peace
i agree also,we are all on the same side no matter what our opinions are,now lets go bash some antihunters and be buds haha
Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

I recall one year, I took a big bodied buck with a poor rack (DEC check point said he was 5 years old). I did this for two reasons, the primary reason was genetics, I didn't want him breeding does if I could help it. The second reason was for meat. I hunt private land that is not fenced but if I can do my share to help larger bucks pass their genetics on then I think that benefits everyone hunting in the area, including me.

It's nice to bag a big rack (IMO) but you also have to be willing to take does and bucks with poor genetics to get a big rack down the road. So if I get a chance at a big rack one year, I'd like to think the efforts I put in those previous years helped. If I don't bag one, I'm still happy because I'm doing what I think works for me.