Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Shooter or not? Opinions please. >

Shooter or not? Opinions please.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BJ from IL

That can be taken a couple of ways... you're wondering if we/one-of-us would shoot that deer OR you're inquiring whether we think you should shoot that deer.

For me that depends on a lot of scenarios, but maybe to most likely yes.

For you, that's something you should know ahead of time and not in the heat of the moment. If it's in the heat of the moment, you can make a mistake and shoot something sub-par of what you were hoping. So if you learn-to-analyze-deer on the hoof and can keep your wits about, you're better off picking something you want during those crucial moments.

iSnipe
Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Spike

i have other bucks runnin around this place, ill post some pics of them if u all want to see em
Old 08-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Spike

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...23/PIC0001.jpg
^ july 16, 2010^

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...23_123/005.jpg
^last fall, took this pic in the backyard food plot^

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u..._123/deer3.jpg
^august 1, 2010^

gimme opinions on these deer as well
Old 08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

You have quite a few nice bucks. I would shoot any of those, but it's all up to you. Pick which one you like the best, and let the rest grow even bigger for next year.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap, dude. Is this your farm? Seems like you have a lot of good choices. How many buck tags do you get in IL? There's lots of ways to look at it. You could pick one or two from the pics that you'd like to see get bigger and "save" them for one or two seasons down the road, and anything else you run across you could take (if it measured up to your standards). Or you could just shoot any good buck you wanted, knowing that there will probably be plenty for next season. And the season after. And the one after that.

Keep in mind that there are no guarantees about what you'll find the following season.

I wish I had your dilemma.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

depending on what your standards are would determine whether or not you would like to take him.. I have set things that i look for in deer and let alot of bucks walk in a year. He looks like he would be right on the border. I have a 135" 3 1/2 yr old minimum. I would have to judge on the spot and would have to see how the hunt was. Alot of things factor into the decision process when taking a buck.
Where at in central Illinois are you at?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

ive changed my decision.... i would shoot the deer from july 16th!!!! for a mid july buck he is huge with amonth and some to grow still!!!! but either way you have yourself a great spot
Old 08-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have to think twice about taking him!! Matter in fact, I have a spot on my wall, where he would look great at.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hell yea, I'd be flinging an arrow at any one of em!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

He is going to be tough to call, all in your opinion. If it was me at home I would be flinging a carbon express. In Iowa or Kansas were I hunt probably not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.