Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What Do You Think of this Buck? >

What Do You Think of this Buck?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Do You Think of this Buck?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Do You Think of this Buck?

This was last year. How old do you think this guy was last year? And, could he turn into a full-blown non-typical or just a typical with forked G2s?
Attached Thumbnails What Do You Think of this Buck?-mdgc0059.jpg   What Do You Think of this Buck?-forked-g2_7.jpg  
Old 07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
This was last year. How old do you think this guy was last year? And, could he turn into a full-blown non-typical or just a typical with forked G2s?
I think he's an old fella, thats my opinion. Looks like he is on the way down. That is a shooter, in my book cause I think he's got character.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

You think he's old? The only reason I thought he might be young is because he's smaller than most of the other decent bucks around. Perhaps that's just his particular genetics, though.

I'm shooting him if I see him out in the woods regardless of age

Here's one of our old guys who's on his way down.
Attached Thumbnails What Do You Think of this Buck?-06-20nov-20big-206-20point.jpg  
Old 07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the first buck is on his way down. He is a great buck in my book. I don't think he'll be a non-typical this year, but you never know. I do believe his rack will be larger this year. From the pics, I would say he is approaching his prime. The second buck, definately an older buck on his way down. I would be happy with either. Good luck getting either or both. They are both mature whitetails, so it won't be easy.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been seeing the big 6 pointer for several years, but only at night and rarely anywhere where we can hunt. He's gotta' live in the woods in the day time, but who knows where. They're sneaky suckers.

I never saw the first buck before last year. Or maybe I did. Maybe he was just a typical, average buck last year?
Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know... He doesn't really look that old. I'm just basing that on his body, neck and facial features. But that rack is awesome!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's missing a G3 on his one side. Looks like it never grew. I'm thinking that would hurt his score. Maybe he'll have it next year?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
You think he's old? The only reason I thought he might be young is because he's smaller than most of the other decent bucks around. Perhaps that's just his particular genetics, though.

I'm shooting him if I see him out in the woods regardless of age

Here's one of our old guys who's on his way down.

now that buck is a monster for me. what do you think he weighs??
Old 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking the buck with the forked G2s probably weighs about 175lbs on the hoof. The 6 pointer probably about 250lbs. Maybe more with that big gut.

We've been weighing all our deer for the last few years so we're getting a little better at guessing. This one weighed 182lbs dressed.
Attached Thumbnails What Do You Think of this Buck?-2008-buck-hanging-game-pole.jpg  
Old 07-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

you better pump some lead into him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.