Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What Do You Think of this Buck? >

What Do You Think of this Buck?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Do You Think of this Buck?

Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

you better pump some lead into him!
Is copper OK?

I have to find him first. I have the trail camera out, trying to figure out where he's hanging. I had it in an overgrown clear-cut this weekend and got 93 pictures of does, fawns and little bucks. This week it's at a clover plot. Hoping he shows up somewhere.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I'm thinking the buck with the forked G2s probably weighs about 175lbs on the hoof. The 6 pointer probably about 250lbs. Maybe more with that big gut.

We've been weighing all our deer for the last few years so we're getting a little better at guessing. This one weighed 182lbs dressed.

Definetly need a barnes bullet for those hogs!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
He's missing a G3 on his one side. Looks like it never grew. I'm thinking that would hurt his score. Maybe he'll have it next year?
Don't expect the rack to have the misssing G3 next year. It woud be rare for that to occur.

I'd shot him this year ifyou get a good look.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't expect the rack to have the misssing G3 next year. It woud be rare for that to occur.
What do you think he could score if he had both G3s? He looks to have very long main beams, decent tine length and good spread. This year he could add a few inches in all those departments plus mass.

I'm thinking he could easily make P&Y, even with the non-typical points. I think I'll put up a score thread?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting is not just about one buck

What if you harvested the greatest buck in your state, when you were 25.

What would you do on your deer hunts in your thirties, forties and fifties. Would you still be hunting?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Every buck is different and unique. If I harvested the biggest buck in the state when I was 25 I would certainly still be hunting. If you broke the state record for a certain fish species, would you quit fishing?

The question doesn't make much sense. I'm pretty sure Milo Hansen still hunts. He probably hunts doe, too.

It's just fun to know there's a big buck on your property. Makes time in the stand more exciting. It also helps to pass the time in July.