Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My deer hunting map

Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default My deer hunting map

Here is a map of where I will be deer hunting a lot this year. Give me some ideas on where I should look at for a stand and trail camera spots.
Blue=Body of water
Yellow=corn
Green=beans & outline of spot
the black is a big ditch and in some spots I put C/B or C or B to say that I don't know if it will be corn or beans.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

id put a camera in the ne corner lot of woods in one of those small clearings. also on farms similar of this ive had great success with stands in areas like the break between the fields in the middle and the bottom. also i suggest a blind between the middle and top fields. as far as the woods it all depends on the types of trees and how much traffic is in the area IMO. hope this helps.

-Storm
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd look for some crossing points along those creeks and the ditch. Also, some of those creeks create funnels/narrow travel routes.

I like that little spot in the upper half where the two bodies of woods come close together. You could keep an eye on the crop fields to the east and west and I'd guess that's where they'd cross to move from each patch of woods.There's also water in the vicinity.

The south end of that southernmost field and the water there form an obvious funnel. The fact it has food, cover, and water all in close proximity makes it worth a look.

Last but not least, if I were a big buck that wanted seclusion, I'd bed in that middle patch of woods somewhere. It's surrounded by a big ditch on two sides and a body of water on the other that I'm guessing would deter a lot of people from going in. I can't tell if that's a path going around it, but it if it isn't, or no one gets far off it, that's a nice secluded little area for a big deer to escape human pressure.

Last edited by Father Forkhorn; 06-25-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd hunt on the inside of the horseshoe-shaped pond/water area in early Sept if it is still pretty warm out,the Deer will be needing a drink every so often.The spot along the creek would be a good area also where the Deer will be hitting the corn field and the creek....looks like You have a great area to Hunt!