Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Is anyone getting ready for the deer season yet? >

Is anyone getting ready for the deer season yet?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is anyone getting ready for the deer season yet?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is anyone getting ready for the deer season yet?

Today I went out and charged my mineral sites,put out 2 trail cameras,corn,broke down a set and moved it to a location at a new spot.Since they just turned all the fields I am getting a ton of pics on the corn.My new trail cam has a monster screen on it so I did not bring the SD home but I will next week and post the new buck pics.I have 4 bucks coming in at one spot and 2 at the other and they all have fuzzy nubs about 2 inches.I will also be starting to shot my bow out of the deer stand next week everyday to get ready.My favorite part of hanging a new stand is when you finally get it set and you sit down for the first time and look around at all the places you think your are going to get your first shot!

here is my new cam.

SpyPoint Cameras was Voted Best in Cold Temperatures and Most User-Friendly!

# Features: 12.0 Megapixels picture quality
# Very compact (4,5” x 6,8” x 2,8”)
# 3.0” built-in viewing screen
# Removable internal unit for easier handling
# 46 infrared LED night-time illumination
# Video resolution: 640 x 480 AVI
# Color pictures by day, black and white by night
# Date, time, temperature and moon phases printed
# 32 MB built-in memory
# External memory : SD/SDHC up to 8GB
# Sound recording!!!!!!!!!
# USB and TV-OUT ports (NTSC/PAL)
# Adjustable detection sensitivity (5 to 45 ft)
# 12-volt and solar panel auxiliary power jacks
# 6 x AA batteries or rechargeable lithium battery pack(not included)
# Can be powered by rechargeable AA batteries and recharged by solar panel
# Low battery indicator
# Kit includes: Strap, USB and video cables
# User-friendly switch panel
Old 05-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I just ordered some stuff off bass pro, going out this weekend to do some tree hanging scouting and making sure the landowners are still down to let me hunt. Hope they are!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

well my son and I started scoutting back in January of this year. We go out to our hunting property's and mark trails, rubs and scrapes on a map. During Turkey season we have freshed up some lick sites. I have 4 stands to take down hopefully by the end of the month. Turkey season ends tommorw and we will start clearing shooting lanes and stuff. I hang stands July and August. Our clover plot is doing well and the land owners at most of our property's have already planted corn. We have one location that has cover around the edge of 6 rows of beans the the rest of the field is in corn. This will give deer a full year of goodies to eat on all year along with the mineral licks we have in hopefully after about 3 years this property will have some nice bucks on it. Good Hunting,.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not much this time of year although I found out Friday we picked up a 600 acre tract in south Alabama that will have about 200 acres of peanuts planted in it. Deer love them goobers......
Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not yet, as this is a very busy time of year. In a couple of weeks, I'll be out in the woods looking for potential sites, building blinds, etc. Squirrel season opens June 1st, and I find that a good way to look over the ground.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default 24/7 365

every day. Better half says I have a affliction, and a addiction.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tight360
every day. Better half says I have a affliction, and a addiction.
They just don't understand!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Spike

Been scouting all year but now is when I start to put more time into like food plots and trimming stuff the usual.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

I am ready mentally. I cannot wait to get out. Because I am 2.5 hours from where I hunt, it is hard to get out and scout all the time and because of the different places I hunt, it is hard for me to justify spending money on cameras. I was out last weekend and saw a ton of deer though, so that is a good sign.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Spike

I scout year round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.