Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Paying for a hunt

Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Spudrow and as long as you tell me you arent a Missou fan or Cardinal fan (Die hard Cubs fan and Jayhawk fan here) you'll be one of the ones posts I watch on here!

Spudrow from MO
Old 05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

"Geeze. Keep your shirt on. I can't understand why you would post a post like this?"

I honestly believe you can't understand why I posted the way I did. Please take time and read your posts and do it from the eye of someone who does not have the opportunities you do. Your posts seem to indicate that your way and thoughts are the only right way. Sorry but I will repeat myself by saying if it is legal and ethical do it the way you see fit. If you can afford to hire an outfitter do so and forget what anybody else has to say. Sorry but your initial question was an insult to all hunters who have or will hire an outfitter just because you do not like it. Sorry but that is just how I felt when I read it. You see I am planning on hiring an outfitter some day soon and I will enjoy it and I will not give two antlers widths what you think. So yes I was personnally insulted by your question because it seemed to question my ethics and standards in the way I hunt as I am sure any outfitters who read it would but they are to nice to comment.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have never payed for a hunt and often claim that i never will. However, I am currently paying about $270 a month in mortage for land that is really only good for hunting. So, kinda like the guy that claims he would never pay for sex, but has no problem racking up a $200 tab on a date to get laid.

Also, if given the opportunity, i would probably jump at the chance to shell out big bucks to stay at a hunting lodge and do a guided black bear hunt in northern Quebec. Always wanted to do that but pretty much impossible unless I am willing to pay.

As someone else stated, the ultimate answer to this question is Because they can......
Old 05-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Lance CC. If you want to shell out big bucks, then by all means be my guest. One paragraph you say you'll never pay for a hunt and then the next one you say you'd jump at the chance. That's a little confusing.

I can pay if I want. I just choose not to. To me it's rediculous to pay when there are free places to hunt. Paying is one of the biggest reasons hunting is so expensive.

Vapahunter. I don't know why this post offended you and I apologize if it really did. If you read my posts correctly, you'll see that I don't disagree with paying. I just don't understand why. As I stated before, as long as the hunting is legal and ethical, it's ok with me.

Spudrow from MO
Old 05-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasnt offended by the question at all, I just thought it was pretty obvious why someone would pay to hunt , just like its pretty obvious why someone would pay for.... Ahyhoo , even if I got a free pass to hunt hogs in TX, it would still cost me 1500$ for air fare, car rental and cheap motel, the guy I hunt w/ charges 500$ and the lodge is awesome and he picks me up at the airport for only gas $. I hunt deer, bear, ducks and turkeys "free" though
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by spudrow
For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would pay for a hunt or an outfitter for a hunt. Now, I don't condemn it, I just don't understand why. What do you think?

Spudrow from Mo
Because everyone doesn't have you're incredible trophy collection and chances to hunt some of the best regions for that particular species in the World!!!

Speaking of.... may we please see you collection of trophy Big Game species so we all know that we do NOT need the services of an Outfitter to access these incredible areas ?!?
Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

[quote=IL-Cornfed ;3626367]Because everyone doesn't have you're incredible trophy collection and chances to hunt some of the best regions for that particular species in the World!!!

I don't know where you got this information. I never claimed I had an incredible collection. I said I have taken some nice animals.
Don't ya'll read these post's or do you just like firing off at post's you don't like.

I could post pictures from anywhere. How would you know they are mine? I have been hunting for almost 50 years and only 2 years ago I stared to hunt for trophies. I have killed a 120 class, 130 class, and a 140 class white tail. They aren't B&C or Pope & Young but nice ones to have. I have shot big pigs, big turkey's, 1 15 inch Antelope, and 2 nice 5x5 Mulies. I have never fired at any Elk.

I just asked a simple question and instead of getting answers I get fired on like I'm the enemy!!!

Spudrow from MO
Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

I don't want to get in an argument. I don't think Spudrow was meaning to diss anyone, just wanting insight into something that he's not familiar with. No harm done, I don't think.

IMO, going out west and hiring someone to put you on game is no different than me going hunting with a buddy of mine some weekend and using his stand (minus the cost of course). If I shoot a deer from his stand it's my, but I just shot it. Really I relied on his scouting, stand placement, etc.

I'd love to go on an elk hunt out west, but I can't even afford a DIY hunt! Gas would be more than I could afford, and my annual vacation time is spent with my family.

I think my best bet will be to win the lottery and then maybe I can buy a mountain in Colorado. I'll let you all come visit and hunt for free!

rw
Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by spudrow
Not much if any public land in Tx. I'm aware of.

Spudrow from MO

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Is it really that hard to understand, that some people want to hunt different states, and different game i just came back from a hog hunt in texas, why? No hogs (or very few) in NY. No antelope, elk, mule deer, grizzly bears, etc., either. If I wanna hunt that stuff gotta go where they live, and pay for the pleasure. Sure there is public land (in most states) but who has the time to scout thousands of acres in states and terrain they dont live in I would go DIY when possible, but sometimes its just not practical. what I dont understand is why someone would pay to go somewhere and lay on a beach but to each his own.

more like 1.2 million public land acres in texas

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 05-16-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
more like 1.2 million public land acres in texas
I said I wasn't aware of much if any!!!! LOL

Spudrow from MO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.