Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bucks?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default bucks?

When will Arkansas buck's first start getten antler's I'm talken the first nub's I am dyen to get my trail camera out just wanten to know when I'll be able to tell buck's from doe's.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

There already started in Texas
Old 05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

They should be getting their Nubs on anytime now,if they lost their antlers early in the year then they will probably start early....if they hung onto their antlers it may be another month before they start showing any growth?I would put your camera out now and get an early start,plus if You look closely some of the Doe's are looking pretty fat and plump since they are carying their Fawns that will soon be born!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

my buddy still gettin pics of deer still with their antlers, last week...as for us they are in between right now..i'll keep lookin at the cam.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are starting to put on some antlers now. Just think in two months they will be about 75% grown.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just took a hike in SE Pennsylvania and saw 4 bucks. They had about 3 inches of growth and the brow tines were starting to bud out.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile Indiana Bucks

My buddy has two on his field cam here in Southern IN near English/Sulpher so they are getin geared up here as well with new growth. I can't wait to see them in Velvet.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
My buddy has two on his field cam here in Southern IN near English/Sulpher so they are getin geared up here as well with new growth. I can't wait to see them in Velvet.
mee to I love seeing a good buck in velvet...I'd love to go somewhere and get to shoot a buck in velvet I think it'd be awsome!!!