Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What' s your favorite rack?

Old 06-20-2003, 11:19 AM

Default RE: What' s your favorite rack?

I like racks that are very tall, i' m not to crazy about width but i love to see em' tall.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' d put that thing on a full-body mount in the center of my living room if I scored on one.
Man I assume you are not married or you are just dreaming!

I have never killed a non-typical, I haven' t even seen one on the hoof yet, that is a rack I would like to have, just different from all others.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

i love messed up non typicals also....just something so weird looking....but a big nice symetrical typical looks great to me also....id love to see a perfect racked 14 pt..7 on each side..nice long tines...nice heavy beams...with the g3 or g4s on both sides going straight down...i also havea nack about really tall racks....like the one in someones sig...i forget maybe rack attacks im not sure....i seen a really nice 8 or 10pt with a really high rack..but it was during the youth rifle doe hunt.....i got to watch him with my dad at 25-50yds while he browsed....what a beautiful sight...i was shaking like a leaf just watching him being that close at times...i didnt even bother to look for his lady friends that would been fair game for me...i like em all! lol big wide tall short fat typical nontypical they are all special.........
Old 06-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

ahh, racks. probably, a non-typical rack or a massed typ. but in all actuality, prolly any rack would suffice, as long as it ain' t a spike [:-]
Old 06-20-2003, 04:11 PM

I agree with FL/GA I like any deer with a drop tine. I shot mine last year that was a great deer. it had a 6" drop on it and it scored almost 160 with the drop tine deduciton. Other than that it was perfectly typical. It was my dream deer.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite rack has to be my fiance' s, it' s a beautiful chocolate non-typical, really gnarly and knobby, I forget what the score on it was, but it would have been somewhere on the top 25 non-typs in ks, 13-14? if I recall correctly.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like any rack that puts meat in the freezer! But to be honest, a nice symmetrical, thick rack w/ high tines. Be it 8, 10, 12, 14...... They are all awesome.

Round Double D' s are nice too!
Old 06-21-2003, 06:25 AM

I like em perky and full[]

But if were hunting, LOTS OF MASS, LOTS OF STICKERS, and a big DROPTINE, oh just thinking of big racks gives me the shakes.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:51 PM

I have not shot a giant buck, but I did get an 8-pointer, small though, had about a 1 foot inside spread but very semetrical. I got the antlers on a board (first buck.)

My dream rack is a huge typical 14.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:56 PM

mass, mass and more mass!!! A heavy, narly, thick rack has character and is my favorite. The score in inches to me is secondary.

Quick Reply: What' s your favorite rack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.