Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Dead buck found, who's should it be? >

Dead buck found, who's should it be?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead buck found, who's should it be?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Spike

I dont see how he just automatically claims it as his, its your land that you paid for you should have the say on everything. I would not tolerate going in the sanctuary. Well best of luck in settling this. God Bless
Old 01-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your relationship is strained because of what happened, well, you just answered your own question. let him have the rack. Tell him because he had little or no respect for you wishes, he will no longer be allowed to hunt with you in the future.

Hunting parthers and comrauderie are part pf what makes hunting great. He broke a cardinal sin and it's time to move on without him.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

Between this post and the A's deer vs. B's deer post, I've never seen such jackashes worried about killing a friggin whitetail deer. You girls are pathetic. The Saturday morning hunting shows and all the rattlin stix, feed crap, and gosh knows what other gizmos you've been suckered into buying have created nothing more than a bunch of hunter wannabes. I swear, every other post is a bunch of crybabies. Are there any real hunters left?

Hunting is about character, something that most of you have no clue about. The both of you are a bunch a sissies. I hope whoever holds the lease doesn't know about your shenanigans.

Grow Up!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Between this post and the A's deer vs. B's deer post, I've never seen such jackashes worried about killing a friggin whitetail deer. You girls are pathetic. The Saturday morning hunting shows and all the rattlin stix, feed crap, and gosh knows what other gizmos you've been suckered into buying have created nothing more than a bunch of hunter wannabes. I swear, every other post is a bunch of crybabies. Are there any real hunters left?

Hunting is about character, something that most of you have no clue about. The both of you are a bunch a sissies. I hope whoever holds the lease doesn't know about your shenanigans.

Grow Up!
I have been hunting deer for 25 years and have hunted public land for 23 of those years killing at least 30 deer with shotgun and bow. I'm a hunter wannabe? I spent my hard earned dollars the last two years to lease property, because I got sick of sitting in a tree not knowing if some jackass just spooked every deer for miles, because he has no concept of how to hunt without disturbing the deer. I want my lease to be exactly that. I sneak in, sneak out without letting the deer know I am there. I leave a sanctuary on the property and dont go into it. He knew it was a sanctuary and he went in there because he knew there would be deer in there. He jumped a doe in there and then shot at it running away. I was a good friend and let him shoot one buck and 3 does already on my lease and this was how he repaid me. He is the one who is not a good friend, not me. I dont tolerate people treating me badly and it showed me we were not as good of friends as I thought. He’s selfish and self-centered. Anyway, I regret posting this here and should have kept it to myself. Your charactor is apparent in your post, you have none...
Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would be mad at him to and who really cares about the antlers.....not like either of you shot it. It not worth losing a friend over.

Cut the skull in half (vertically), that way each person an antler and skull. Do european mounts and mount them sideways on a board...it actually looks cool! It will be a euro mount as a side view
Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mgrt67
I have been hunting deer for 25 years and have hunted public land for 23 of those years killing at least 30 deer with shotgun and bow. I'm a hunter wannabe? I spent my hard earned dollars the last two years to lease property, because I got sick of sitting in a tree not knowing if some jackass just spooked every deer for miles, because he has no concept of how to hunt without disturbing the deer. I want my lease to be exactly that. I sneak in, sneak out without letting the deer know I am there. I leave a sanctuary on the property and dont go into it. He knew it was a sanctuary and he went in there because he knew there would be deer in there. He jumped a doe in there and then shot at it running away. I was a good friend and let him shoot one buck and 3 does already on my lease and this was how he repaid me. He is the one who is not a good friend, not me. I dont tolerate people treating me badly and it showed me we were not as good of friends as I thought. He’s selfish and self-centered. Anyway, I regret posting this here and should have kept it to myself. Your charactor is apparent in your post, you have none...

Killing 30+ deer doesn't make you a hunter nor does leasing hunting rights. He jump shoots one in the butt, you fuss over a rotten buck. Maybe PlayStation is your best bet...
Old 01-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't even care to read the others' reply, as I know what to expect by now, so I'll just give you my .02 cents worth...

It's YOUR lease! Any deer found on that property is YOURS!

Had it been on public ground, it would be your friend's buck.

Now if you keep the buck, of which in my opinion is yours anyway, and your friend decides he wants nothing more of you, then what kind of friend was he anyway? If he was a true friend, then he could see that it was YOU that spent your hard earned money on the land to lease and NOT him!

If I was that guy, I'd tell you all about it and "ask" if I could have it. I would not assume I could keep it. If you said "No" and explain why, I then may offer to buy it from you.

In no way would I think it's mine in that circumstance.

Good luck coming up with a solution.

iSnipe
Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Spike

I think some of you might want to reevaluate what a friend is . just because you know a person 20 years dos'nt mean thats a friend.If I'm footing the bills and I say please respect my wishes and you thumb your nose at me.you aunt coming back and since I go by SHEDMAN it is about the antlers and they are staying with me.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I hate to be the one who has to spank all you ignorant little narrow minded guidence counselors but some things have to be done.

Hello? We are talking about friendship, right? Listen! Hear the bells? That means WAKE UP!

If this is some "friend" who you basically only deer hunt with then let him have your the stupid antlers and hunt alone or find someone else to call your deer hunting "friend". You might want to make a detailed friendship contract for your next hunting "friend". Spell it all out to the smallest detail and condition - sounds like alot of fun.

You certainly posted as if this is all about the deer hunting and the deer hunting/lease is the most vital and important thing going in your life. I would certainly hope friendship goes well beyond some deer hunting. (If not that is truly pathetic)

Real friends are there for you for all sorts of other things...............

They're at your kids birthday parties. They're at your wedding. They are in your wedding. They come to your anniversery party. Exchange Christmas cards. Give you a hand taking that big tree down. You guys take all your kids camping and fishing and fourwheeling together. Sit around bonfires. BBQ for no other reason than it's a heck of a nice day. You drop by to see each others kids play in the game. Maybe offer each other advice. Maybe loan each other a couple bucks. Comes by unannounced in the snowstorm and drops his plow on your driveway so you wake up and look out and grin. He says your favorite team sucks and his rules. Drinks Bud but doesn't say much when you pull a Miller outta your fridge and put it on the table in front of him. And you'll drink his Bud - if there isn't anything else. He helped you with swapping out that transmission in your car and helped you swap in another 2 weeks later when that bargain $200 trans you bought wasn't such a bargain. Came by to see your newborn. Dropped you a batch of his latest chili that had ya cra99ing fireballs for 3 days straight and left your taste buds burnt out for a week. He'll loan ya any tool or piece of equipment he's got and probobly offer to help do the job it's for. He'll call ya a liar when you say you caught the bigger fish but slap ya on the back while he buys the next round. He might name his kid after you unless your name is Matt. He'll let ya cry on his shoulder when you tell him your kid has a terrible illness. And he'll need to wrap his arms around you when he buries his Dad.

That is what real friends are.

Making decisions based on such little and limited information! Why I oughta........ You boys drop them drawers and line up behind the woodshed. I'm findin' me a good stiff switch. If any of ya wanna show some spine and admit the err of your ways then step to the front of the line.

Last edited by uncle matt; 01-24-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Dude, unless you shot the buck and couldn't find it, give it to your buddy that found it ! If the dude is a good friend it shouldn't make a difference. I found a nice shed this past year and one of my best friends that I hunt with liked it so I gave it to him. If the guy is a 20 yr friend, let him keep the head.
Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.