Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who's deer should this be?

Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Spike

I would certainly agree with the majority here. It is definitely A's deer.
B wouldn't be there to "help" without a phone call from "A"
Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jimmy S
Without a doubt, it's A's deer.

A few times over the years we have had to follow a blood trail after one of 'us' fired the shot. It never occured to any of us that the killing shot gets the deer. We are always there to help our buddies. That could mean help dressing a deer, help dragging a deer or help finding a wounded deer. We help each other, never getting into a pissing contest of who's deer it is.

That's what friends do!
Couldn't have said it better myself! I couldn't imagine hunting with anyone who takes a deer after I called him to help me find my buck. Any hunting group that thinks its deer is hunter B is a hunting group I wouldn't want to be a part of. Hunting is suppose to be fun, not start arguements amonst friends!

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Here, lets fix it:

1. There are a lot of hunters here that need to learn how to shoot.

2. There are a lot of hunters here that can skull F a topic to death.

I'm glad I don't have to hunt with jackashes like this.....
Simple, but straight to the point. VAbyrd, Im with you as well!! Im glad I don't hunt with people like that as well!!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Let me preface my post by saying that if I was hunter B and I was there and shot and killed the deer, I would give it to my friend, Hunter A.

However, in most states, the hunter the kills the deer (which Hunter B did) has a legal obligation to tag the animal. Sure there is no CO around to see who killed and who tagged the deer, and hunter B could easily ignore his legal obligation and not tag the deer, but I remember post after post after post from members in this thread that said the true measure of a man/hunter is doing what is right when no one is looking. What is right is for B to tag the deer, even if he was just helping track the deer.

As I said, I would give the deer to A, but I can do so and not lose cred because I don't come on here saying that breaking any hunting law that is minusha (stupid) still makes you a poacher.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
Let me preface my post by saying that if I was hunter B and I was there and shot and killed the deer, I would give it to my friend, Hunter A.

However, in most states, the hunter the kills the deer (which Hunter B did) has a legal obligation to tag the animal. Sure there is no CO around to see who killed and who tagged the deer, and hunter B could easily ignore his legal obligation and not tag the deer, but I remember post after post after post from members in this thread that said the true measure of a man/hunter is doing what is right when no one is looking. What is right is for B to tag the deer, even if he was just helping track the deer.

As I said, I would give the deer to A, but I can do so and not lose cred because I don't come on here saying that breaking any hunting law that is minusha (stupid) still makes you a poacher.

Good points.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

A.............
Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hunter who places a vital kill shot keeps the deer.

This happened to me this year during the muzzleloader season with a good friend. My friend took a head on shot at 80 yards, hitting the deer in the bridge of the nose, about 10 mins later the deer slowly walks towards me, I didn't know the deer was hit until he got within 20 yards of me, he showed no sign of being hit, and at 20 yards I didn't have a good shot angle, he got within 10 yards and I had the perfect shot and took it, I dropped the deer in his tracks, and I clamied the deer
Old 01-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Spike

Default Hunter A gave Hunter B the deer

Unlike some answers the two are best of friends and would never let a deer end that.In matter of fact A was so upset about the poor shot he told B the buck was his.It was a 12 pt. that scored somewhere in the 140's.Was just curious as to what the rest of the hunting forum would do in that situation.The answer among the rest of my hunting friends is also A deer.But it took more sportsmanship to do what he did.P.S. we all got together and had a few cold ones.....
Old 01-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter A could have told hunter B the buck was his, but if hunter B actually took the buck, then he's(B) not having any "cold ones" with me... as I would have DECLINED. To even accept the buck under those conditions is blasphemy.

I suppose since everyone still got along, that's better than what the outcome could have been. Regardless, if I would have taken the buck, I'd feel like ***T!

iSnipe
Old 01-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto isnipe!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Yea, i have to agree that a best friend would see it as "A's" deer. No matter what A said. B was there helping him find a wounded deer. But as long as they walked away happy thats all that counts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.