Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice Antler Mount?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nice Antler Mount?

Got a pair of antlers I'd like to mount. I SHOULD have taken the time to skin the entire skull and do a Euro mount, but instead I just capped the skull. Too late now.

Are any of those fake Euro mounts any good...i.e. do they look like the real deal? I'm not interested in that iron mount at all...looks corny to me.

If the fake Euro mounts don't look good, what standard antler mount do you like? The ones in the stores that I've seen look cheap.

Thanks for the suggestions...
Old 01-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just cut the skull cap off all my deer it works out good I'll post pictures if you want
Old 01-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Banned

I've seen the fake euro kits and didn't think they were awful, but like them better than the cap on a board deal. Once the euro kit is on the wall, most might not even know. Those metal ones look ridiculous.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Spike

Some like the Euro mounts where the teeth are removed and you still end up with the nose and about 1/2 of the top half. You can mold this form with plaster of paris, and see if you like it.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
I've seen the fake euro kits and didn't think they were awful, but like them better than the cap on a board deal. Once the euro kit is on the wall, most might not even know. Those metal ones look ridiculous.
Thanks. Do you happen to know which brand it was that you saw? There are several.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

I believe it was at Gander Mountain. Can't remember. I had considered one with the buck I shot this year, but decided to go ahead and do a full European deal. It's doesnt look like too much of an ordeal....heard it does stink though.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
I believe it was at Gander Mountain. Can't remember. I had considered one with the buck I shot this year, but decided to go ahead and do a full European deal. It's doesnt look like too much of an ordeal....heard it does stink though.
LOL, where you been keeping the head all this time??
Old 01-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
LOL, where you been keeping the head all this time??
Freezer, baby!!!

Luckily my wife is pretty understanding...