Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Processing (butcher) Deer Meat Charges >

Processing (butcher) Deer Meat Charges

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Processing (butcher) Deer Meat Charges

Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always skin and gut the deer,he charges me $50.I killed a 300lb+ buck last year,(skint and gutted)100 $ bill!Got 135lb of meat from him!Out of the 4 ive killed this year(meat),i got 140-150 lbs of meat!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Field Dressing

How did you come up with this S---?

Originally Posted by countertop
As others have pointed out on other threads, I think the idea of carrying a whole deer - not gutted - to the butcher is a southern thing. I don't get it. Its sort of strange in that is warmer in the south, and so you'd think they would be more worreid about spoilage, etc.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Spike

Southern thing, huh?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Spike

$70 for a regular cut & just paid $84 for breakfast sausage,got 30 1lbs packs,store bought would have been cheaper,reckon they want out of the business,never seen 1 with the guts left in it at the processor, i do know you can process 1 & not touch the guts but haven't tried it,i reckon lazy butts can be from up north as well as down here ,mike300wm
Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
How did you come up with this S---?
u funny
Old 01-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

$50 here in WV. includes regular cuts and burger. all vacuum sealed
Old 01-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

The main processor I use will take a deer any way you want to carry it to him, skinned, gutted, in an ice chest, it don't matter. Where he eats us up is with the smoked baby link sausage, but they are good. If you don't want to mess with it at all just leave it for the hunter's for the hungry program, no charge. He processed almost 2,100 deer last year.