Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Met the warden!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Met the warden!

I met the local Game Warden today on my way out of the woods. I was running kind of late as I went in a bit farther than I realized, and was kind of in a rush to get out before the locked the gate (WMA) Anyway, I'm getting it up the road when I see a guy with a flashlight in the road motioning for me to stop. I thought it was another Hunter having problems, but it was two GWs. I guess I looked a bit suspicious being out there that late. They checked my documentation, and looked in the trunk and back seat then sent me down the road. They were polite and even joked with me a bit when I came up clean. This is the first time I've run into them, and happy to report a positive experience. I guess it's not always the case judging by reports from others on the board.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by FLBandit
I met the local Game Warden today on my way out of the woods. I was running kind of late as I went in a bit farther than I realized, and was kind of in a rush to get out before the locked the gate (WMA) Anyway, I'm getting it up the road when I see a guy with a flashlight in the road motioning for me to stop. I thought it was another Hunter having problems, but it was two GWs. I guess I looked a bit suspicious being out there that late. They checked my documentation, and looked in the trunk and back seat then sent me down the road. They were polite and even joked with me a bit when I came up clean. This is the first time I've run into them, and happy to report a positive experience. I guess it's not always the case judging by reports from others on the board.
You should have told them that you were looking for your turkey dogs!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Next ime just deny doing anything related to hunting. Just tell them you were back there tending to your plants.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

too bad they dont do a whole lot about poaching around here
Old 01-04-2010, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Next ime just deny doing anything related to hunting. Just tell them you were back there tending to your plants.

LMAO
Old 01-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by uncle matt
wrong time of year bro....the frost would have done killed them....unless of course you have a generator with some heat lamps on them.....but hey what do I know?.......
Old 01-04-2010, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Every time I've met a Game Warden around these parts, its been a positive experience. I've never had anything out of sorts in terms of the law so...and I feel that way with most law enforcement, to be honest.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Spike

Default Enjoy

I enjoy meeting my area wardens. Sometimes you can educate yourself by asking questions. All that I have met are very nice to talk with and sometimes they won't even check my license.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

one of my favorite "encounters" with a local warden, was during rifle season and he mentioned "a lot of reports of shooting at night" and asked if i had been seeing any deer, "not many" i replied...then, my dog comes out of the woods behind him with a hind leg bone with hoof and hide attached...he yells "you didn't say you got one!" to which i reply "well, you didn't ask"
Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol good point.

Originally Posted by bowfly
one of my favorite "encounters" with a local warden, was during rifle season and he mentioned "a lot of reports of shooting at night" and asked if i had been seeing any deer, "not many" i replied...then, my dog comes out of the woods behind him with a hind leg bone with hoof and hide attached...he yells "you didn't say you got one!" to which i reply "well, you didn't ask"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.