Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Met the warden!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
I can honestly say that I've never had a negative experience with a Conservation Officer. All the ones that I've encountered were polite, and very professional. Indiana is fortunate to have such dedicated individuals.
Obviously you have not meet the ones that will walk through your private property looking for you at ,say prime time 5pm, to check your license and the leave.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by FLBandit
They checked my documentation, and looked in the trunk and back seat then sent me down the road.

It might be in their power to do so, but I am a little taken aback by them looking in your trunk. I know that most LEOs (or revenue enhancement officers) need a warrant to such your car unless there is probable cause like a drug dog sounding off. Coming out after dark is not probable cause.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
Obviously you have not meet the ones that will walk through your private property looking for you at ,say prime time 5pm, to check your license and the leave.
I have heard several stories like this from hunters in my lease. Two young ****y GWs joined my large lease this year and started harassing hunters-they won't be coming back after this year. I can't stand most of the younger GWs, but I've never really had a problem with most of the older ones. It's always the young guys that are straight out of school and act like they are billy bada$$