Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
where should next years food plot go? >

where should next years food plot go?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

where should next years food plot go?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Spike

Default where should next years food plot go?

dark green=heavy timber mixed with few hardwoods
lightest green= young pines bout 5 years old 6-8 ft high
light green= pines 10yrs very thick
black lines=property lines
heavy brown= dirt road
purple boxes= houses
thin brown lines= driveways
light brown=open areas

the larger black box is 13 acres the smaller 2 acres

keep in mind I must stay within the two black boxes

current stand is red x field of fire is in red lines, light green 43 acres, with a nice hill between my and the road, nothing to the left other that the house, which is about an acre from the fence line, just woods for 15 miles....cant hunt in or over those

HAVNT SEEN ANY TRAILS ON MY PROPERTY,

HOWEVER IN THE LIGHTEST GREEN THERE ARE A GOOD NUMBER OF TRAILS...

LOW FENCES BORDER PROPERTY ie black lines

SUN RISES IN LEFT CORNER SETS IN RIGHT CORNER

any help would be greatly appreciated

fixed it now
Attached Thumbnails where should next years food plot go?-mapofarea.jpg  

Last edited by chrisstorm; 01-03-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

where should next years food plot go?-dudes-map-his-plot.jpgnot really a safe shot on the place..i e the houses are numerous, cant shoot that way..looks to me like shooting across a fence line either way, was this for rifle season? i put an X where i think a blind should go, and i used light blue for the plot, you never said how big..and all that depends whats down range, which i marked with red..once again possibly shootin across a fence line...you said you had to stay inside the 2 black boxes, but i am seeing 3 black boxes.

if no one lived in those houses i see alot of potential for shooting lanes, but with all those houses makes me wonder whats in the red and beyond ..maybe a 15' tower stand might be in order to keep the distance a stray bullet would travel to a minimum.

if its just fer bow...i would put it on the north side of the pic al the way down the fence line...

dont forget you have to water your plot everyday for 3-7 days to get it to crack..depending on the temps., saturated, so put it where you have accessibility to water, i e a pump or city main