Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

descision on where to hunt

Old 01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default descision on where to hunt

well my fsmily has 100 acres to hunt. we have about 3 acres in either clover and other sorts of food. we have been hunting one side of it for 2 years and havent seen a thing to shooot. we have 4 to 5 people hunting on the left side along a creek bottom and then coming up from the creek is the food plots, and then theres big feilds of either corn or soy beans and then more woods on the other side where no one hunts. il upload some pics latr. but if anyone has any ideas of how to attract more dear or if u think we need to spread out all over the property let me know. thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too many hunters on too few acres.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

pogo, post a pic of the property with an aerial view and one with contour lines.

Try this website out to get the aerial and topo features. It is real easy. When you post the pics I will take a look at them and then them back with spots I would look at to hunt/scout.

http://mapper.acme.com/
Old 01-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

That's what I told him earlier, they need to spread out.

and rob- I found out that land i've been hunting is some other guys property. Im gonna find him and apologize. Maybe he'll say I can continue hunting there?