Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin? >

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm.

Drove an hour and a half to hunt, forgot my bow.

First year bowhunting, shot at a deer 80 yards away.....

oh lord, I know there's more, I just cant think of them....
Old 01-02-2010, 04:54 AM
Spike

Got to my tree stand early morning before light and within 10 minutes I fell asleep. When I woke up it was a nice morning except I didn't get a deer.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Buck Holliday
Got to my tree stand early morning before light and within 10 minutes I fell asleep. When I woke up it was a nice morning except I didn't get a deer.
I shore hope you were wearing a safety harness!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

Just last Monday, I walked up a creek and found a nice spot with a steep hillside looking over a bend in the stream and a flat plain on the other side. I found some fresh scrapes there and decided it was a good spot to possibly get the buck have been after for two years. I looked around and found a perfect tree to sit behind. There is a stand of pine behind it making it a perfect ambush point. It was almost 11 AM. I laid my rifle down and trimmed some branches for shooting lanes. Then I sat there checking the lanes for fine tuning for about 10 minutes. I thought, "If I'm gonna sit here for a bit I should be holding my gun." When I picked up the rifle, a doe 20 yards away saw the movement and ran off into the woods. She must have thought I was that buck tearing up the ground and when the commotion stopped, she snuck in to investigate. Yesterday was the last day of the season so I returned to that spot. I didn't see a deer all day.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Spike

Early season shot a buck good one So I'm setting in the stand waiting for an hour before I go home and come back. (A liver shot) I have a doe tag in my pocket and a doe comes down the same trail. I take her. (Legal in Iowa) She runs and folds up ten yards from where the buck is bedded. He takes off. So I start to field dress the doe and come back in the morning. Then I hear a racket in the ravine in the direction of where the buck headed. Must be crashing or so I thought. So I go after him and I see a shoulder but it's in camo. My buck had ran by another hunter and he arrowed him as well. The other hunter swore it wasn't the same deer. He had shot him on the other side and didn't see my arrow. However the blood trail was clear. I let him have the deer but don't know if he found it. So I learned don't be greedy. I went back to the doe and went home wishing I had never taken that second shot.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

This happened to me about 10 years ago. I had a splitting headache but I wasn't gonna let that stop me from bowhunting one evening in my favorite spot at a local WMA. I quickly downed a couple Excedrin PMs without thinking and went on my merry way. When I got to my hunting spot, I cleared the leaves out around me and sit down to rest. That's all I remember about the hunting part. When I woke up, it was completely dark, my bow had slipped out of my hands and slid about 15' over the hill. Those Excedrins did the job on the headache but knocked me out cold. Lesson learned.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

While deer hunting? OK, I'll count moose as a deer:

Several years ago, 6 of us drove the 500 miles to moose camp and I forgot to bring along my hunting license. I discovered this on arrival, the evening before season opened and a frantic call home resulted in my wife finding it and putting on the next Greyhound. That first day, my son and I were on 3 bulls at dawn and he got one while I watched helplessly. That night, I drove to town and my license had arrived, so I was back in the hunt. Never saw another bull for the rest of the week.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

I drove out to the WMA without my Orange Vest this morning. Fortunately the guy I was hunting with had a spare. This is my first season, so I'm sure I'll have more. On the comical side, me trying to chase a hog around in heavy palmettos, trying to get a shot would probably make it on Americas Funniest Videos. Never did get that hog.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Spike

I aimed at an other hunter, but luckily I knew at time it was an other hunter and not an animal
Old 01-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

I Made the chamber mistake. I got into the woods and come up over a ridge and there was a doe and a big 8 point I kicked up he stops 30 yards from me click and nothing. Then he runs off for good When out of site Im trying to figure out wut happened and there had been nothing in my chamber sad part is that has never happened before and you can believe it will never happen again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.