Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin? >

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

2 years ago,(hunted with my buddies gun,2nd time deer huntin,didnt know nothin pretty much)he told me when i git in the treestand,chamber a round,bout 2 hrs later a big ol doe came out,(30-30 lever action)pull d hammer back,click,CHAMBER another shell or so i thought,scared the deer off!I forgot 2 chamber a shell when i got in d stand!My buddy walked up bout dark,said''see anything?'',i said,''Naw i didnt see nuthin,seen sum squirrels though!''Anybody that reads this is the 1st person that knows this!So,lets hear the stupidest thing u did while deer huntin!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

hunted one time with my muzzleloader and sat on stand all evening without a primer in
Old 01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Spike

Sitting in my tree-stand with a Crossbow that I bought because I was having some issues drawing my bow. Well anyway I got in my stand and knocked a bolt. Well at first light a nice 8pt walks under my stand. I was ready to put the smack down on him and I aimed my bow at him and the arrow slid out and fell in front of him. I did not have the arrow back in far enough so the tension spring would hold it in place. Deer ran off. Der-De Der LOL
Old 01-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

A number of years ago, I took my climber into the woods the day before opening day and locked it. I drove the 13 miles to my hunting spot very early the next morning. When I got to my stand I realized that I left the friggen key to the lock at home! Had to drive (like a nut) home then back again. I was still set up before first light though.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

checked the safety on the gun by pulling the trigger.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

took a shot at a running deer about 300 yards away with a 20 gauge when i was 15.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 125py
hunted one time with my muzzleloader and sat on stand all evening without a primer in
I've done that. Didn't realize it until the hunt was over and I went to take the primer out. I'm surprised a huge buck didn't come by that evening.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NC Buck Slayer
took a shot at a running deer about 300 yards away with a 20 gauge when i was 15.
slugs or buckshot?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Spike

Like halfbaked I aimed at a good shooter buck, didn't realize finger was on trigger,released safety gun went off, buck ran off didn't him again for a year.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Shot my muzzleloader today and somehow the scope busted my forehead open.. Dont know why I didnt have it tight against my shoulder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.