Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin? >

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?

Old 01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by diamondjustice
i am sure you all no about the blanks you can buy for a 12g well i loaded my friends gun with 3 of them and i herd him shoot and he came back to the cabin like come on man i shot a doe i know i did help be look for blood so i went out there with him and sat on the 4 wheeler he was like are you going to help look i was like wolnt do any good he goes why i said take a good look at the empty shells and we almost got in to a fight but you should of seen the look on his face

That's cold,we would have fought.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

sat in the woods for 30 minutes, got too cold, went inside. sat down looked out the window to see an 8 pt booking it through the field out of the woods i had just left
Old 01-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

a buddy and i were woodchuck hunting one day. When we got back to his house he grabbed his gone and "BANG". Alot of things went wrong which was his fault. Anyways, the gun went off at around 6" from my foot and the bullet punched a hole in the tranny housing. it was a 25/06.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down Hunting Boo Boo's

Several years ago I was out hunting with my wife. I placed her in a stand on the edge of an old swamp. At a pre-arranged time, I made a slow push through the swamp towards her. When I got to her stand she said nothing came by so we decided to head back to camp for lunch. There was a light rain falling as we started. After traveling a couple hundred yards I stopped dead in my tracks and motioned to the wife to do so also. Here comes (on a slow walk) a dandy buck. At 35 yards he stopped broadside and I picked up the gun. Bad news, the scope covers are STILL ON (I had forgotten that I put them on prior to going through the nasty, thick, brushy swamp). They weren't flip up's but the stretchy rubber kind. Slowly I tried to quietly get them off for the shot. After about a 30 second stare down I succeded. Just as I was lining up and ready to fire he bolted. Two jumps later he was in thick brish and offered no shot. Gone forever. He was a brusier 10 point probably in the 160's. That was my idiot move of the decade. I can still (to this day) see that big ole' boy just standing there trying to figure out what I was.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm calling BS on some of these. And from atleast one comment - someone has a long way to go before they should hold a weapon!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Spike

the night before first day of archery this year i had my wife get me a red bull for hunting. well she bought me the 24 oz can. i drank it (like an idiot) and went to the bathroom at my truck. i was sitting in my tree right before first light and had to go again (bad) i started going in a water bottle then disaster struck. it was running down the side of the bottle on my release on my pants so i pull the bottle away quick and soon as it hit the dry leaves deer snorted and ran off.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by uncle matt
I'm calling BS on some of these.
Which one's are you speaking of? Don't accuse some of "these" people without being specific.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by early in
Which one's are you speaking of? Don't accuse some of "these" people without being specific.
I ain't gonna say so that the thread doesn't turn into a big arguement. Folks can judge for themselves.

And like it or not, that is as specific as I'm gonna get.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Spike

Talking

I walked up on a deer and it just stood there but i didn't shoot it because i was so amazed!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

I left my release back in my truck and just as I started to go back to the truck to get it I see an 8 pt. and a week later my buddy who had not hunted all year shot him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.