Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who is a REAL hunter?

Old 01-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Spike

I think your right. I'm sure there are one or two good ones out there but I don't' there is any amount of worth to find them.
I'd like to see those Hype hunters drag their camera crews around the public back country of Idaho.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Greg Miller was crushing it before he had a tv show.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

The only REAL hunter is the guy who can go out there with a couple sharp wood sticks and some clunker rocks & bring home a 12 point, 170 class deer on a consistent basis.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

I saw that Larry Weishun guy hunt with a handgun on T.V. one time. He actually was sitting at a little shooting bench that was out in the brush. What nonsense. I don't know what the show is called, but there are the three pros looking at film and saying whether or not they would shoot. I have to agree, I would never get a deer if i screwed around the way they do.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 01-14-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spell
Old 01-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Spike

They are all humans just like all of us...however they have big egos too that help them confidently speak in front of a camera...some use their talents better than others and come across less offensive etc...I don't blame them for hunting farms...I'd love to go sit in some of those trees I see in Iowa etc...however...as a hunter there's nothing better for me than to hunt on "familiar" land...you feel your strategy against the deer in your bones and when you kill...well you know in your heart that you earned it...and add it to the list of memories you've had out there...whether I be a kill or a bolony sandwich with your dad.
Heres how we celebrate archery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRYFk...e_gdata_player
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uncle Ted.
Dear Lord! What a joke. Has Ted ever killed anything that wasn't in a pen? I fully expect to one day flip past his show and see him sitting straddle a fence at a stockyard shooting cows as they run down a chute. Every time I have ever paused briefly on his show he was inside a fence at the Y.O Ranch which is a well stocked animal pen if there ever was one. Kinda place where the size deer you kill is totally determined by the size check you write back at the lodge.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

The closest those TV guys come to a real hunter, is the guy featured "On Your Own Adventures"

http://onyourownadventures.com/tvshow.php
Old 01-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't quite call the 40,000 acre YO Ranch a "pen", but it is well-stocked and costs a pretty penny for anything taken out of there. The Nuge has the money and does quite a few shows there because it's not that far from his Texas ranch, but in his defense he has also hunted all over the world in real fair chase situations and has taken an awful lot of fair chase big game. He is way overboard to my liking, but I'm glad he's on our side, rather than with the antis! Randy Newberg, who does the OYOA show is a down to earth guy and about as nice as you can ever meet, has a great website, and the show is as realistic as you can get for the average hunters like we are. He just spent several weeks hunting wolves in Montana where he lives and they got one on film. It will be featured on a show in the new season coming next Fall on the Sportsman Channel.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Spike

The word pro and hunting is funny to me. I have been to alot of those places they hunt, my little girl could kill a 150" deer at most of those places.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with Fred Eichler being a real hunter along with Les Johnson of Predator Pursuit that boy knows how to bring in the dogs. Also I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Chuck Adams was the first person to get the North American Super Slam and it took him 23 years of hunting to do it. Also Tim Wells from Relentless Pursuit is also a real hunter in my opinion I have watched him make some awesome stalks and shots. These people are some of the few people that I consider real TV hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.