Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

34" buck-off the King Ranch

Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
People on the internet do generally like to talk sh*t and bring others down.

However, in this context you have to understand that a lot of commercial high-fence operations will troll around internet forms and post pictures trying to attract business. They always say the deer was shot "this season," and then it turns out that several people remember seeing the same picture 3 or 4 years ago.

People probably thought that is what you were doing.
Just playing along.... There are a number of small problems with that analysis... This was not a "commercial high-fence operation trolling around internet forums and posting pictures trying to attract business." King Ranch did not post it. I would bet my last dollar that King Ranch never had anything to do with this little myth. The deer wasn't shot at King Ranch. There are plenty of great deer that have been taken there, so that they don't have to post photos of deer taken elsewhere. This particular deer was shot by a bow-hunter at Rancho Los Venados in Mexico. They obviously didn't do it to attract business, since the post suggests that it's from King Ranch. Finally, King Ranch is not a high-fence operation. Not easy to put a high fence around a ranch that's bigger than the State of Rhode Island...
Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Just playing along.... There are a number of small problems with that analysis... This was not a "commercial high-fence operation trolling around internet forums and posting pictures trying to attract business." King Ranch did not post it. I would bet my last dollar that King Ranch never had anything to do with this little myth. The deer wasn't shot at King Ranch. There are plenty of great deer that have been taken there, so that they don't have to post photos of deer taken elsewhere. This particular deer was shot by a bow-hunter at Rancho Los Venados in Mexico. They obviously didn't do it to attract business, since the post suggests that it's from King Ranch. Finally, King Ranch is not a high-fence operation. Not easy to put a high fence around a ranch that's bigger than the State of Rhode Island...
You have completely misunderstood what I said.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm just glad to see that in Texas or Mexico that they enjoy hunting with black and tan hounds like I use to enjoy. I wouldn't have chosen a bow and arrow as my weapon, but to each their own........
Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's cool Wyoming. Still fun to see the big buck picture.

Nice car, too. Always been a Trans Am fan. Since I've been a kid, I wanted a 1977 Trans Am. Black with gold eagle. Or a gold car. Both pretty cool. Of course the Potiac 400ci. The T/A 6.6 as opposed to the 6.6 litre. As I recall, that was an Olds 401.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Wyoming T/A
This deer came off the King Ranch.
Awesome Deer...is one of the biggest we have ever seen.
inside spread: 34 inches
beams: 32 inches each
G1: 10 inches ea
G2: 14 in. ea
G3: 15 in. ea
G4: 11 in. ea
mass: 45 inches
drop tine: 7 inches
We have him grossing around 243 and netting 224 typical. The deer field dressed 228lbs!!!!! One of the biggest we have ever seen.

Justin Field
King Ranch Wildlife
Biologist

If that deer weighs 228 pounds, that dog weighs 250!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
It's cool Wyoming. Still fun to see the big buck picture.

Nice car, too. Always been a Trans Am fan. Since I've been a kid, I wanted a 1977 Trans Am. Black with gold eagle. Or a gold car. Both pretty cool. Of course the Potiac 400ci. The T/A 6.6 as opposed to the 6.6 litre. As I recall, that was an Olds 401.
this is my T/A and my sons New Camaro
Old 12-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome cars!!! I have a Chevy Trailblazer. Had a Dodge pickup before that. Lame in comparison.

When I was younger, I had a Toyota Supra. 6 cylinder with 24V, dual overhead cams and intercooled turbo. That sucker moved. Before that, I had a Daytona Shelby. Sleeper car.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

omg nnnnnnniiiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeee