Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This Could Happen To You

Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Not Me

Originally Posted by uncle matt
This could happen to you - but it can't happen to me.
X3!! You have to actually shoot deer off the road before it could happen to you. I hope all of us on here are ethical hunters that understand and respect the animal and would never resort to such acts.

Father/son at 2:00. Way to go dad, great hunting "skills" you are passing down to your son. Also they take the time to reload the ML and shoot again and don't notice it is a decoy. What idiots.

Last edited by huntr4lfe; 12-13-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Spike

couldnt they have just gotten out of their trucks and walked the 20 feet onto the property? Still would have been trespassing but it would have saved them a couple 100

And yes i know its lazyness, but its also stupidity, I was in no way trying to defend them or their lawbreaking actions, nor would I ever take a deer of a roadway
Old 12-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, its been said and I'll say it again...it can't happen to me because I don't cheat. The game warden watching ol robo deer might laugh when I whip out my camera and binoculars and call my wife to tell her I'm looking at a big buck but....no.

I've heard of them doing it here to.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:49 AM
bigcountry

Whats funny guys, is this year, I was coming back from lunch after bowhunting in Oct. My hunting buddy 95Harley (on HNI) and I saw a huge 8pt in a soybean field. Middle of the day. Looked like a statue at 100 yards or so.

I swore it was one of these robodeer. I got out and got on the top of the bed of the truck and viewed it for like 1 min with binocs. Sat in the field like a statue. It turned its head ever so slowly like a robot deer.

Started walking toward it to the field edge. It shot up and ran. I never seen a mature buck sit there like a statue for so long.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

People down south would starve to death if they didn't shoot them from the roads.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by huntr4lfe
I hope all of us on here are ethical hunters that understand and respect the animal and would never resort to such acts.
I'm not trying to defend or condone shooting from a vehicle/roadway, but this is in no manner an issue of respecting an animal. The issue here is safety, and to a lesser extent trespassing.

If these people had walked into the field before firing, would that make it more "respectful" of the animal? Or if they had just shot at a tree instead of a deer or other animal, would that have made this okay? No!

The reasons for these laws is for the safety of humans on the roadways and to keep "hunters" from shooting deer on private property.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
This is not entrapment - not even close

They all know the laws and this sort of thing gives us hunters a bad name!

I have seen this done with a stuffed turkey!

Real simple - "Don't leave your ethics in the truck!"

JW
From the looks of it their ethics never made it out of the house.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

i agree this make hunters look like a bunch of hillbillies.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Spike

the only 'shooting' ive done out of my car is shooting a camera