Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

1st doe of the season

Old 12-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Spike

Default 1st doe of the season

So I've killed 3 bucks so far this year but haven't taken a doe yet. I had one real big doe come by but let her go hoping to see a buck. About an hour later two pretty good sized does came in and I took the bigger one. I only had a minutes of legal shooting time left so I wasn't too worried about missing out on the big boy. Anyways, there's more meat in the freezer at my house now. I just got in from skinnin her,
Attached Thumbnails 1st doe of the season-doe.-12-11-09.jpg  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Congratulations to you WaccamawHunter! Always fun when you've made your decision to shoot and all you have to do now is wait for the shot. Heart beating, adrenaline rising... love it!

Took a buddy hunting with one time. He was in a nearby stand about 15 yards away and saw the same pack of 5 deer come single file up the trail. We just put the stands in earlier that day. As the deer came, I was looking back and forth at the first and second deer because I had a hard time telling which one was larger. I took the second. To this day we argue which was the largest because he still says it was the first. LOL!

Congrat's on your shot. Good times.

iSnipe
Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations,that ought to be good eating. I missed my Doe last night real bad,I undershot her and might have moved some belly fur but I missed doing any damage. If I'm going to miss thats the way I want it no nasty wound to cause suffering. Good hunting to you in the future.